• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exhaust Upgrades?

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Highly unlikely. With a sub-liter engine there isn't much to work with for a "performance" muffler. And buyers of the cheapest vehicle on the road are not likely to be a good customer base for selling expensive performance mufflers. No sale!
Borla makes a system for the 1.6L Fiesta, a car whose MSRP is $13865 base, about twice the Elio's starting figure. It's an interesting corollary that the cheaper the car the more people want to modify it. Just think how many people buy an AMG Mercedes and modify it? Now how many people buy used old Honda's and modify those...

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great, another revolution of people bolting Honda 4" fart cans to an Elio with a grand vision of cool and .5 extra HP. Add some stickers and a wing and the car will Truly fit in at Comicon. I am thankful at least in my area that the goofy trend of fart can racers and 4000 watt car stereos Finally died. No doubt there will be Many amazing and creative aftermarket accessories for the Elio, these are (2) I hope they skip. Personal opinion only!

He he, my brother calls them gas to noise converters.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Great, another revolution of people bolting Honda 4" fart cans to an Elio with a grand vision of cool and .5 extra HP. Add some stickers and a wing and the car will Truly fit in at Comicon. I am thankful at least in my area that the goofy trend of fart can racers and 4000 watt car stereos Finally died. No doubt there will be Many amazing and creative aftermarket accessories for the Elio, these are (2) I hope they skip. Personal opinion only!
Living outside a military base, if it's not one annoying trend it'll be another.

Top Bottom