• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Explain To Me Why I'm Wrong, Please...

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, I always remove the names off the rear of my vehicles. I usually keep the manufacturer's badge but if I do not like the logo then I replace it with an aftermarket badge.

But that is with a larger surface area of a car. With a small surface area like on the Elio I think any badge would look more cluttered. I like the cleaner look without it. And as is, the Elio will be unique enough that people will quickly know what it is on sight.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first thing I do is DEbadge! NO free advertising from me !
I fully agree, and continue to be amazed with the dealer's license plate frames folks have on their cars- When I go to pick-up a new car, and the reflex action of theirs to add their frame(s), is greeted by me asking for a fee to ride around with their shit on my car.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also "debadge" new cars. When the new body style for the Toyota Tercel came out in 1991, I debadged mine before I left the dealership. I had a lot of fun with that car. No body recognized the new body style. I was asked constantly what kind of car it was.
My favorite 2 answers were, "It's a red one!" and, "It's generic!"

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The government today announced that it is changing its national symbol to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the government’s political stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, and gives you a sense of security while you’re actually being screwed. It just doesn’t get more accurate than that.
That would explain all the leaks caused by a prick.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors didn't think much of this suggestion either..... :oops:

imh_HKbhhage.jpg

Last edited:

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The second image is more of a hatchback shape and hatchbacks have less than optimal aerodynamics. Ever notice that hatches have rear wipers most of the time while sedans don't? All that turbulence behind the aft edge of the roof just plasters everything to the area between the roof and bumper.

Back to the original post, the Elio looks like nothing else and anyone interested in it will figure out what it is. My KLR650 came with no markings visible to the rear but it's distinctively bug-ugly and any motorcyclist knows what it is.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Re: the original post...

A bit of mystery sells cars too. If people are vexed by no rear badge, they will make it a point to find out what the vehicle is.

If they have to make a conscious effort to do it, that process and the vehicle will be better embedded in their memory.

Top Bottom