• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Faraday Future's Ff91 (reservations)

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks BigWarp. I haven't gone there yet.

The YouTube video of the FF crew turning the lights down...
Having someone slip inside the vehicle to fake the prototype self-drive was enough for me.

I don't know. If I had invested a $Million+ into a prototype, I'd want a driver to "take over" incase the autonymous driving failed. Every autonymous test car on the road has an operator for safety.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not having a driver, that is a concern I have of theirs and their homing/self drive feature. They said that it can come to you on its own from a parking spot. Great, but if it happens to get into a wreck or run over a basket of kittens, then what? The owner was not even in the car and likely out of sight. Does FF get the lawsuit?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know. If I had invested a $Million+ into a prototype, I'd want a driver to "take over" incase the autonymous driving failed. Every autonymous test car on the road has an operator for safety.
That wasn't the case. The speaker had the house lights dimmed so you couldn't make out the guy sneaking into the car and THEN, he pretended like the car was driving off on it's own volition. He basically lied completely to the audience. No "maybe" there. It was a straight up lie. And THAT lost any respect I had for them.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That wasn't the case. The speaker had the house lights dimmed so you couldn't make out the guy sneaking into the car and THEN, he pretended like the car was driving off on it's own volition. He basically lied completely to the audience. No "maybe" there. It was a straight up lie. And THAT lost any respect I had for them.
I agree. It was the blatant dishonesty. The reveal was live, but FF then edited the FU out of all their videos.
Luckily not before the original entire presentation went viral after several blogs and individuals re-posted it.
However, I'm now not able to find the more critical YouTube videos that I first watched then. Very strange.

But couple that with the lawsuits, non-payments to vendors, cancelled factory...
Board members bailing out and employee horror stories and what have you got?

Last edited:
Top Bottom