• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

Reaction score
Well, if Ms. Z is going to stay the course I will too. I talked to a couple who were driving those motorcycle three wheelers with FWD (like the Elio configuration) and they reported gas mileage was only in the mid to high 30 MPG range, very disappointed they were.
My wife is going all in at the $100.00 backet, we have to get a divorce because Elio won't let but one vehicle be reserved per household.
NO WAY, That's not true. I got two reserved. Lots of folks have more than one. You might have to have $1,000 down to get another like I did.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, some of you are forgetting couple of things. Mr. Elio has insisted the numbers are 84mpg, 5 star crash rating and a STARTING price of $6800. In the last year with delays, the cost factor is going up so their 20% reserve is probably gone. When I spoke to Jerome in OKC, he did mention there was a conflict between cost of destination and picking up the elio at the factory. Mr. Elio wants to waive that $750 destination cost for people who pick up their elio at the factory, and sales does not want to do that. Please remember the board of directors are mostly car people. A Great team of car people..Mr. Elio is an engineer, not a financial expert. The car guys, including Jerome who is an ex car salesman with over 14 years in the business seems to understand the conflict. Elio motors has to have the margins to succeed and as everyone who has watched this company for more than 7-8 months, the bottom line is each elio has to make money, not just barely enough, but a lot more than the public seems to understand. The board of car people has to provide the margins to make this company succeed for years down the road. Any investor has to see the potential not only in the number of reservations, but in the margins of the base elio and the options margins so each elio returns a good, if not great ROI..(return on investment). I hate to say it is a "bait and switch" but advertising that $6800 price is going to hit the folks who say $6800 - my $1000 deposit and the $500 discount makes my elio $5300 as many say on eliomotors/facebook. When the options list comes out, a lot of folks will be stunned at the real bottom line. I budgeted $10,000 to $11,000 for my elio...I hope I am close!
"The car guys, including Jerome who is an ex car salesman with over 14 years in the business seems to understand the conflict." A car salesman...Never trust one.

Top Bottom