• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

dwoodul

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Calvin and Hobbes – Next to Peanuts, one of the best strips to ever come out. Ours is a “Calvin and Hobbes” family, especially our youngest son (now 22). We even have the “last” strip from the Dallas Morning News framed on the son's old bedroom. Also - Go Elio... :-)

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If $200 million is the "make it happen for sure, no god*mn question about it" amount, then we only need 30,000 people to go all in with $7k. Would you do it? o_O

This would not go in to Elio's hands until it was all collected. I have some kind of escrow service in mind. Obviously the amount needed to be raised would be lessened by the amount put up by other investors and Elio's internal fund raising. So once all investments totaled $200 million the funding drive would be over. If it was never reached, then funds are returned. No partial amounts, this is a big boys/girls game. You put the real money down up front.

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If $200 million is the "make it happen for sure, no god*mn question about it" amount, then we only need 30,000 people to go all in with $7k. Would you do it? o_O

This would not go in to Elio's hands until it was all collected. I have some kind of escrow service in mind. Obviously the amount needed to be raised would be lessened by the amount put up by other investors and Elio's internal fund raising. So once all investments totaled $200 million the funding drive would be over. If it was never reached, then funds are returned. No partial amounts, this is a big boys/girls game. You put the real money down up front.
Sounds ok with me. I will just wait and be the one that puts it over the top.

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Elio could possibly get that if they went public with some truths, So far since they decided on the BS approach they haven't been able to get 5000 people to put up 1000 .

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio could possibly get that if they went public with some truths, So far since they decided on the BS approach they haven't been able to get 5000 people to put up 1000 .
Are you proposing a nice "fireside chat" from Paul where he makes his case that this will happen with $200 million? What points should he address specifically?

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, I'd go for it. $1000 all-in non-refundable with anything above that being refundable that you can pay for over time - partials not full amount at one time.

I'd put in $100/mo (what I'm currently putting into a savings account), throw in my tax return next year, and by September 2015 I'd have over half of it paid off in cash. Why do that instead of still doing the bank account? Simple, it moves them closer to the magic $200 million number and increasing the likelyhood of production and possibly earlier production.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just thinking that Kickstarter has currently built up some credibility with the general public. If this were offered through Kickstarter, then maybe people would be more inclined to participate. Thoughts?

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup, I'd go for it. $1000 all-in non-refundable with anything above that being refundable that you can pay for over time - partials not full amount at one time.

I'd put in $100/mo (what I'm currently putting into a savings account), throw in my tax return next year, and by September 2015 I'd have over half of it paid off in cash. Why do that instead of still doing the bank account? Simple, it moves them closer to the magic $200 million number and increasing the likelyhood of production and possibly earlier production.

I like your idea. Maybe 1000 non-refundable, 1001-price of car refundable, anything over the price of car is refundable plus 2% if production is established.

Now the crazy is flowin'! :confused:

Top Bottom