• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you proposing a nice "fireside chat" from Paul where he makes his case that this will happen with $200 million? What points should he address specifically?
He does not have to go that far, just lay it on the table, no big words, "We need this much, give us a chance, order one, prepay, your money will go into a protected account, once we meet our goals funds will be dispensed as needed. For those who support us you will get a terrific deal. Would make more sense than the current, take a 1000 dollar risk, if we are able to pull this off you will get an extra 500 bucks buying power, if not, enjoy your t shirt. That was a bunch of commas,

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Horrible idea. Would not work at all.

Don't you see elio is having problems getting $1,000 from people.

Only way to get the money would be to go public or go to private investors.

The thing is they NEED this money NOW to get it started. What if you wanted to build a house right now, but your employer paid you under the stipulation that all your checks go into an account where you can't withdraw the money for 5 years.....Guess what? you won't build the house.

Now if they sold stock, many more people would be willing to buy in.....why? because it is ownership in something. There is a small chance if the company goes under than they will get something back. Even with this, I highly doubt they would get that close.

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Horrible idea. Would not work at all.

Don't you see elio is having problems getting $1,000 from people.

Only way to get the money would be to go public or go to private investors.

The thing is they NEED this money NOW to get it started. What if you wanted to build a house right now, but your employer paid you under the stipulation that all your checks go into an account where you can't withdraw the money for 5 years.....Guess what? you won't build the house.

Now if they sold stock, many more people would be willing to buy in.....why? because it is ownership in something. There is a small chance if the company goes under than they will get something back. Even with this, I highly doubt they would get that close.
They can't sell stock,,Elio is llp/c not public. First they'd have to get someone to take them through an ipo, first a private then public. You can invest just call their number the phone tree will give you the extension..BTW I f they did go public right now their stock would ipo at about a penny a share. Would you sell of 40% of your company at a penny a share?

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thats just it. He's having trouble getting lots of small donations. Maybe he could get fewer large donations.

So what money is he using now to pay his directors, build his prototypes, and advertise his t-shirts? I don't think stock plays well either. Your stock can still be worthless at the end of the day.

To address your house example, yes, there would need to be a point of no return in the near future. So he wants to ramp up in Q3-2015. Worker hires need to happen Q2-2015. I would say we need to have the $200 mil raised by then end of Q1-2015. So come 1 April (ha!), we hand over the check or refunds all around.

And donation is the wrong word... pledge maybe?

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They can't sell stock,,Elio is llp/c not public. First they'd have to get someone to take them through an ipo, first a private then public. You can invest just call their number the phone tree will give you the extension..BTW I f they did go public right now their stock would ipo at about a penny a share. Would you sell of 40% of your company at a penny a share?

Debbie - my 3rd line says "Only way to get the money would be to go public". Hence they would have to be public to sell stock.

Usually I would agree that the stock would be worthless, but I think there would be more demand.

And if my company made $0 and probably wasn't going to make any money, then yes I would.

100% of a company that is worth $50k is a whole lot less than 60% or even 5% of a company that makes $50M.....

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thats just it. He's having trouble getting lots of small donations. Maybe he could get fewer large donations.

So what money is he using now to pay his directors, build his prototypes, and advertise his t-shirts? I don't think stock plays well either. Your stock can still be worthless at the end of the day.

To address your house example, yes, there would need to be a point of no return in the near future. So he wants to ramp up in Q3-2015. Worker hires need to happen Q2-2015. I would say we need to have the $200 mil raised by then end of Q1-2015. So come 1 April (ha!), we hand over the check or refunds all around.

And donation is the wrong word... pledge maybe?
The 100 to 1000 refundables are said to be consumer protected and to be returned on demand. I think by now a few would have dropped and requested a refund, maybe we will get wind of their scccess. Those of us who went ALL IN at any level basically gave Elio permission to use the money as they wish. Nothing quaranteed but a $1500.00 credit to a price not determined. Vacations, drugs or hookers, Elio's choice.

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Debbie - my 3rd line says "Only way to get the money would be to go public". Hence they would have to be public to sell stock.

Usually I would agree that the stock would be worthless, but I think there would be more demand.

And if my company made $0 and probably wasn't going to make any money, then yes I would.

100% of a company that is worth $50k is a whole lot less than 60% or even 5% of a company that makes $50M.....
For some reason I did not see public part. I'm sorry but please do not think I was questioning your intelligence. You are one of few on the site understanding Elio is in Deep Do-Do.

Top Bottom