• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Toyota, Walmart, McDonalds, HP, Intel didn't all start anywhere near the size they are now....

So why is it that Elio has to jump in at a HUGE sized factory and proposed huge vehicle-per-day production rate?

Wouldn't it have been easier all around to start with a Modest size and production rate, and go on from there? I understand the "economies of Scale" concept, but still......

The only reason is their goal of producing the vehicle for so little money, right now only $6800. The only way to achieve that number is via economies of scale. It's a bit ironic that if they start small to keep costs down the vehicle would actually still need to cost a good bit more.

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It's like igniting an Atom Bomb.... Critical Mass, or in Elio's case it's a Critical Mass of Money.
But then how many potential startup businesses are out there in that situation?

The way it stands then is somebody out there would have to take a huge Leap of Faith
and risk whatever amount it takes to get the Elio ball rolling...
To make the car sell for $6,800 and still be able to run the company -
How many cars need to be sold? Are there that many customers?

and if Somebody Else is providing the funding,
then Paul Elio would not simultaneously be able to be the "Major Shareholder" because it isn't his money...

Last edited:

Rayl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay I know I'm one of the new guys, but there seems to be a bit of an internet shadow cast over the Elio idea not finding the bucks to make it off the ground... The Shreveport factory deal being in limbo is a good example. Yet I had this gut feeling that Elio will make it and therefore went all in. So now, I felt like the bucks would be a clue.
Here's a list of some thoughts:
1. I really can't see Elio Motors needing a 600 acre complex to build our units-- seems like overkill when twenty-thirty acres and a 200,000 sq foot building could do the job. But, I'm not writing off the need for the Shreveport plant--because I feel there is a way bigger plan.
2.Elio was/is interested in the automation equipment from the factory.
3. Then add in one of their automation partners--they be big. Comau Group.
4. Comau Group is part of Fiat and Fiat is now a partner of Chrysler.
5. Fiat is bringing a lot of efficiency ideas to Chrysler--they even have an academy- and this is where I think it is realistic for Elio to be priced the way it is--efficient manufacturing.
6. Could be a ball buster to have Fiat/Chrysler come in an buy a bankrupt GM plant.
7. Big bucks here IMO and would love to have some stock shares after production starts.

So, what or where does everyone think the funding will come from? I ask this in a positive way.
Rayl

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
upload_2014-4-28_22-14-14.jpeg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay I know I'm one of the new guys, but there seems to be a bit of an internet shadow cast over the Elio idea not finding the bucks to make it off the ground... The Shreveport factory deal being in limbo is a good example. Yet I had this gut feeling that Elio will make it and therefore went all in. So now, I felt like the bucks would be a clue.
Here's a list of some thoughts:
1. I really can't see Elio Motors needing a 600 acre complex to build our units-- seems like overkill when twenty-thirty acres and a 200,000 sq foot building could do the job. But, I'm not writing off the need for the Shreveport plant--because I feel there is a way bigger plan.
2.Elio was/is interested in the automation equipment from the factory.
3. Then add in one of their automation partners--they be big. Comau Group.
4. Comau Group is part of Fiat and Fiat is now a partner of Chrysler.
5. Fiat is bringing a lot of efficiency ideas to Chrysler--they even have an academy- and this is where I think it is realistic for Elio to be priced the way it is--efficient manufacturing.
6. Could be a ball buster to have Fiat/Chrysler come in an buy a bankrupt GM plant.
7. Big bucks here IMO and would love to have some stock shares after production starts.

So, what or where does everyone think the funding will come from? I ask this in a positive way.
Rayl
Actually this is something I don't worry about. As far as the Shreveport deal goes, one article that was floating around this week was actually about the sale of the property to Elio last year. It is true that didn't happen. However, the plant was eventually bought by Caddo Parish Development (I believe that is what it is called) and leased to IRG (I think that is Investment Realty Group). The boss at IRG happens to also be on the Elio Board of Directors. They in turn leased approximately 1/3 of the facility to Elio. The stuff about some big secret group getting the whole plant is being spread by a member of the Caddo Parrish Commissioners, Stephanie Lynch. She has fought Elio every step of the way even to the point of going to court to block their getting the plant. She had to do this as a private citizen because the remaining 11 commissioners all approved of the plan. Everything else I have read says Elio is still planning on using the facility in Shreveport. Until I hear differently from Paul Elio and/or Elio Motors, I am assuming that is still the plan.

As far as the rest of the information you wrote - I know nothing. I'll take that back, apparently Elio Motors bought the equipment out right. And both Elio Motors and Comau Group both announced their connection last month. Still - I know no-thing! LOL :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
snipped:

Rayl

They've been tryin to fund this puppy since 2008. The folks involved have all been around the business block
more than once. This vehicle portends to threaten some sacred cows & turn trans. as we know it on its
ear. Can't think that there are quite a few would like Elio to fail, but things are starting to pull together.
The learning curve, experience, & perseverance is paying off. The money is certainly out there but
the heavy hitters want some assurance that the market is real & that is where 'WE' come in........keep
the faith & you'l own the HOV lane soon enough............ :)

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually this is something I don't worry about. As far as the Shreveport deal goes, one article that was floating around this week was actually about the sale of the property to Elio last year. It is true that didn't happen. However, the plant was eventually bought by Caddo Parish Development (I believe that is what it is called) and leased to IRG (I think that is Investment Realty Group). The boss at IRG happens to also be on the Elio Board of Directors. They in turn leased approximately 1/3 of the facility to Elio. The stuff about some big secret group getting the whole plant is being spread by a member of the Caddo Parrish Commissioners, Stephanie Lynch. She has fought Elio every step of the way even to the point of going to court to block their getting the plant. She had to do this as a private citizen because the remaining 11 commissioners all approved of the plan. Everything else I have read says Elio is still planning on using the facility in Shreveport. Until I hear differently from Paul Elio and/or Elio Motors, I am assuming that is still the plan.

As far as the rest of the information you wrote - I know nothing. I'll take that back, apparently Elio Motors bought the equipment out right. And both Elio Motors and Comau Group both announced their connection last month. Still - I know no-thing! LOL :) Z
+1

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They've been tryin to fund this puppy since 2008. The folks involved have all been around the business block
more than once. This vehicle portends to threaten some sacred cows & turn trans. as we know it on its
ear. Can't think that there are quite a few would like Elio to fail, but things are starting to pull together.
The learning curve, experience, & perseverance is paying off. The money is certainly out there but
the heavy hitters want some assurance that the market is real & that is where 'WE' come in........keep
the faith & you'l own the HOV lane soon enough............ :)
Well said. We're gonna hear it straight from the horses' mouth tomorrow morning from 6-9am ET at Fox news. It better be something new and not a recap of what we already know.;)

Top Bottom