• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

DBN477

Elio Addict
(2) Mule/Proto's currently are touring the country: P3 & P4. Supply,MFG. & Distribution,Procurement,Service, etc falling into place. This isn't amateur hour, these guys are serious.

Where's the money? Where will it come from? Why is that such an offensive question? Money is serious. Finding suppliers that will let you purchase their product is not. We all do that in some form nearly every day. People having a hard time coming up with a $1k deposit turn around and act like $200m is no big deal? Shouldn't be a problem. What? $1k is a lot, so is $200m.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Where's the money? Where will it come from? Why is that such an offensive question? Money is serious. Finding suppliers that will let you purchase their product is not. We all do that in some form nearly every day. People having a hard time coming up with a $1k deposit turn around and act like $200m is no big deal? Shouldn't be a problem. What? $1k is a lot, so is $200m.

No one said that 200 mil is no big deal. Angel &/or Venture Cap.'s don't advertise their involvements. Previous attempts @ govt. monies didn't work out. That
isn't to say that that avenue is foreclosed(npi) but typically we would see some evidence of applications, etc. If there aren't some deep pockets waiting
in the wings to see if this bird will fly, then they are in serious trouble, no matter how serious they are. I still stick to my point that the 3rd $& 4th qtr's of
'14 will validate 2015........................ :)

HoofHearted

Elio Aficionado
If the Elio gains as much popularity as I believe it will then I think it would be a good investment of taxpayer money as a loan (or even a grant if it ever came to that). Less than a buck per person in the U.S.. The savings in future military expenditures used to preserve our supply of foreign oil would be far greater than the initial investment of public funds. Then there are the environmental benefits.

Last edited:

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
If the Elio gains as much popularity as I believe it will then I think it would be a good investment of taxpayer money as a loan (or even a grant if it ever came to that). Less than a buck per person in the U.S.. The savings in future military expenditures used to preserve our supply of foreign oil would be far greater than the initial investment of public funds. Then there are the environmental benefits.
Not to throw too much cold water on the subject but we must remember when the government squashed the 100 mpg carburetor. I don't think we can count on much help from Washington. We have to remember government is big business and big business is government.

Ty

Elio Addict
The government squashed the 100mpg carburetor and then requires better fuel economy? And subsidizes ethanol production? That doesn't even make sense. But, thanks for trolling.

JP

Elio Addict
Do what in secret? Are you telling me I have never seen future Ford Transits, Holden Colorado's, Ford Ranger (Australia), Ecosport(Australia) well in advance (1 to 2 years ahead) of release. It's funny how these vehicles look exactly like artists rendereing in magazines. My point is this timeline is rushed to say the least. You need real world testing like the big manufactures. Computer modeling helps, but is not the real world. Why do you think manufactures tout where there vehicles have been tested and how many miles they have put on test vehicles (real world miles, not just the miles in the labs)? Elio is running out of time if they think vehicle will be out in a year. At this point I figure I blew $1k, they got me trust them, but they do not trust reservationists enough to tell us how they will fund project.

You are a customer, not an investor. I am very impressed that they are keeping a weekly email list with updates. However, do not expect them to divulge any financials to the public as they have no stockholders. Real world testing requires a real world testing team. It is highly likely that Elio has under 50 people working for the company right now compared to the thousands working for Ford or Toyota. They simply do not have the manpower or capital and unless you want the price raised, you should be able to accept the progress that they are making. If you are so doubtful about their success, you should not have put your money on a deposit.

Last edited:

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
The government squashed the 100mpg carburetor and then requires better fuel economy? And subsidizes ethanol production? That doesn't even make sense. But, thanks for trolling.

Say what you mean and mean what you say, those that matter won't mind and those who mind don't matter. Where do you fall in that statement? That post was an opinion like any other in this conversation, (unless you have been appointed God) take that shot and put it where the sun doesn't shine.

3 Card

Elio Addict
So according to the meeting notes from February 2010, Elio was looking to raise $260 million, possibly from the ATVM Government Loan Program (but they backed away from that) to get the production started.

It wouldn't take much for a few of the USA's "1 percenters" to throw that money in a pot and get the production actually happening...

It makes me wonder - why the hesitation?
Again.. Elio went on to another plan estimating they would quickly raise 200 million by offering reservations and actually thinking that 200,000 people would send 1000 bucks to reserve one.. Well it ain't working, so far 15,000 reservations , only 1/4 of them for 1000 bucks ( they claim ) the rest sent chump change of 100 or so dollars..The way I figure Elio has come up about 193 million short.. Another thing that makes me question the truth of the almost 16,000 reservations Elio claims to have is the count in the Elio Owners web / chat site..It's less than 1000 members.. So the other 15,000 people who reserved aren't interested in sharing ??? Wierd huh