• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Robotics

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Besides the 'put the time in' comment you've made previously, how does one fall into the 'most deserving' category?
I'm curious because the way we typically pick drivers is based upon age (seniors), instead of talent / willingness to put in practice time. That may change this next year.

The students are required to clock in and out for each day of the build season they attend. They add an entry to each log stating what they were working on and which mentor they worked with. The mentors must then qualify each of these entries and assign a quality score to each log entry.

Hours X Quality Score = Quality hours. The kids with the highest quality hours get to go on the expensive trips. Don't contribute? You can't go to champs.

Our handbook spells out the requirements for being on the drive team. It begins with a written rules test and then the tryouts begin. If it sounds a lot like a sports team tryout, it may be because our lead mentor is the athletic director for the city.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, here are some pictures from the First Robotics competition. Since I don't have model releases, I have to be very careful as to how these are used. In this case that means that the watermarked pictures on the site may be downloaded and printed by you without enlargement beyond the size they're uploaded but may not be sold. If you want large prints -- especially the stadium shot which will print happily at 20x30 inches or larger -- contact me directly, and we will make arrangements.

There would have been many more posted, but these should give you the idea.

Here's the link: password

The site may ask you for a password. It is Irobot

Please let me know if you have problems; I rarely use this site, and it's been changed around a bunch.

Eric

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is an 'invitation only' robotics event this weekend in Indianapolis. Some of the top teams in the world have been invited to participate in a non-sanctioned event. The event is fun, but also pretty competitive from what I understand.
Should be fun.
Go Fresta Valley Team 1731!
http://indianaroboticsinvitational.org/schedule/

Are you and your team participating?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes.
Lots of top notch teams there.
Should be interesting.
I've heard two things:
One, that it's fun. Since it's not an official event, it really doesn't mean anything so it's a more relaxing time.
Two: Egos are involved and everyone wants to shine!
Kind of like an NBA All Star game. Doesn't count, but egos are on display!

Top Bottom