• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Thing To Customize?

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to upgrade to Cruise, Leather, & Sunroof at delivery. Then possibly fenders and wheels (maybe spokes) later on. I'm most attracted the Silver Base color and then I'm hoping for a wrap or paint job that makes my baby look like this plane.
mustang paint scheme.jpg

Or maybe a Blue Base color and this Formula One race paint job.
Formula One Red Bull scheme.jpg

Last edited:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't already been asked. (I looked briefly). If you had to guess what is the first thing you will change or customize to make the Elio your own? I have quite a list but I'm sure the first thing I'll look at is the seats. Being an aircraft upholstery tech I'll just order mine with a plain jane interior and dress it up myself. I work with leather everyday so for sure that won't be going in there. Most likely be a durable and more comfortable fabric. To be completely honest I would love to get into the aftermarket world and provide interior kits like you can get for your classic hotrod and install yourself. But enough about me...let's hear your ideas. Maybe in the end we will all end up helping each other make these our own.
Would rather hear MORE detail on your thoughts. I like your thoughts about maybe YOU doing something with the "after market" interior.

Please keep me in the loop. I would be interested in your work.

Thanks!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to upgrade to Cruise, Leather, & Sunroof at delivery. Then possibly fenders and wheels (maybe spokes) later on. I'm most attracted the Silver Base color and then I'm hoping for a wrap or paint job that makes my baby look like this plane.
View attachment 2627

Or maybe a Blue Base color and this Formula One race paint job.
View attachment 2628
Have you reserved yours yet, Bill?

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would rather hear MORE detail on your thoughts. I like your thoughts about maybe YOU doing something with the "after market" interior.

Please keep me in the loop. I would be interested in your work.

Thanks!

All I can really do is dream and imagine of what I might be able to do. I've seen the P4 and the seats were pretty comfy but they also said the back one was going to change. I'd love to start making aftermarket seat covers but will have to wait. Other things I see myself wanting to do would be door panels and headliners

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to keep mine bone-stock initially. I'll watch what YOU folks do to get some ideas.

There is one thing I'll add right away...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIO50E3dG3AFoZPE_4ti1CwgEm0iwrUNnv7hipUpBzwStNs5cPnw.jpg

Oh wait....
An article yesterday about traffic stops listed air fresheners hanging from the mirror as a reason for police to perform a stop and search for drugs.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't drive with anything dangling on my windshield in my line of vision and may be a reason in most States for the Police to pull you over..........hopefully. I prefer to see and be SEEN.

Top Bottom