• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Thing To Customize?

Anion

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
All of these are GREAT ideas and many will be seen I am sure! I for one will just be glad to get it "as-is" as soon as possible. It has a great deal of features and stands alone as the way America should proceed if it is to last another 200 years! God Bless America and people like Paul!

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much the same as what everyone else has mentioned.......
window tinting, cruise control, stereo upgrade. But after a month or so of enjoying the h*ll out of driving it around, probably a new, bright, and dynamic paint job (unless EM comes up with some better color choices).

Last edited by a moderator:

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since I can do it myself first thing would probably be the interior.
Maybe something
IMG_0033.JPG
like my old 64 Impala.
Second (since I have kin folks in the graphic design business) would be some graphics on the outside.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since I can do it myself first thing would probably be the interior.
Maybe something View attachment 2622 like my old 64 Impala.
Second (since I have kin folks in the graphic design business) would be some graphics on the outside.
That is very impressive work! I have done things like that with my clothing but can't imagine doing it with upholstery. Not even with my industrial machine. Of course mine is meant to sew clothing not upholstery. :) Z

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
many good ideas have been expressed .... if/when we get one I'll probably use it for a while so as to get an idea of just what mods we want to make .... tinted windows is high on the list but NC has adopted some pretty strong laws in this area .... for that reason I'd probably pay to get the windows tinted

Jim

Edit : as is the norm in my world, most things are absolute and final, subject to change at any second ..:confused:.. I now think my first couple of mods will be to install a 12V lighter type plug in the dash to the right of the steering wheel for use with our GPS (cancel that if it comes with one in that area :rolleyes:) .... the second will be switch out the radio to one that has nothing to do with a smart phone, don't have one, don't want one .... after that, window tint (if that isn't OEM) and the list will grow from there

Last edited:

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm... first modification will probably be to tint the windows. It'll get hot quick... you'll be in the sun no matter which way you are driving!
Oy! I hadn't thought of that! Good thing about the air con, eh? Don't know that I would have put reservation $$$ without that feature, nothing like driving a stream lined sweat box! Can you imagine being a passenger in that situation?!

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't already been asked. (I looked briefly). If you had to guess what is the first thing you will change or customize to make the Elio your own? I have quite a list but I'm sure the first thing I'll look at is the seats. Being an aircraft upholstery tech I'll just order mine with a plain jane interior and dress it up myself. I work with leather everyday so for sure that won't be going in there. Most likely be a durable and more comfortable fabric. To be completely honest I would love to get into the aftermarket world and provide interior kits like you can get for your classic hotrod and install yourself. But enough about me...let's hear your ideas. Maybe in the end we will all end up helping each other make these our own.
Like my Vespas, I would consider tires with a wide white wall. Not sure how they would look on the E.

Top Bottom