• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Thing To Customize?

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Little LEDs. Amber on the front, red on the back. All it takes is a 1/4 inch hole and some tiny wire.
Well I can get the LEDs, and some wire, and I can drill holes. Then do you run the wire and patch onto the headlight connection or what? You have to draw the juice from somewhere after the on-off switch. I'm sure I can figure it out or get help when the time comes. EM probably ought to just go ahead and wire it up. It would cost next to nothing and might avoid having to recall a couple hundred thousand units after a few of those invisible wide-track fenders get whacked on dark narrow roads.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man that's a tough one ... Followed by a custom paint job or wrap ....Problem is I still haven't decided on the base color yet! The orange is starting to wear on me, same for the green. Elio needs some eye-popping paint jobs on the next prototypes.

I agree! I really like the orange but I think the silver will be a better base color to do any custom changes with.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was looking around at other posts on this site and was reading about pothole concerns, this being a three-wheeler and all. It will be difficult to avoid pot holes or dead things, or whatever in the road as you will not be able to straddle like in a car or go around (easily) like on a bike. So I was thinking if you are going to add stripes to the car, it may make sense to measure the width of the back wheel and transfer that width to a stripe or stripes to the hood, there-by giving a reference as to where and how wide the back tire is. That may help in object straddling / avoidance. Providing, of course, the hood and stripes can be seen from the pilot's / driver's seat, which I don't know.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was looking around at other posts on this site and was reading about pothole concerns, this being a three-wheeler and all. It will be difficult to avoid pot holes or dead things, or whatever in the road as you will not be able to straddle like in a car or go around (easily) like on a bike. So I was thinking if you are going to add stripes to the car, it may make sense to measure the width of the back wheel and transfer that width to a stripe or stripes to the hood, there-by giving a reference as to where and how wide the back tire is. That may help in object straddling / avoidance. Providing, of course, the hood and stripes can be seen from the pilot's / driver's seat, which I don't know.

There ya go, some "out of the box" ideas! Not sure about the visiblilty of the hood either (never had the privilage to sit in one....yet!), but 'possibly' along those lines, some super-thin pinstriping on the windshield (maybe thin strips of window tint), like gun sights, representing the outer limits of the rear wheel. Then again, most of the time I hit something in my car, it comes of nowhere it seems...hit it square, and hope for the best!

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm half-tempted to put a stereo in it. Pioneer nav unit if the car doesn't come with it, Rainbow Germanium comps and a JL Audio W7AE 8" sub. Nothing performance wise, not worth bothering with.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Comptrex--Having had experience as crewchief on UH1C Huey gunships during the great southeast Asia misunderstanding. Most pilots wouldn't use the heads up reflex sights but instead would put grease pencil marks on the windshield to target the 2.75 rockets. Worked quite well. Small marks on the windshield should be fine to help locate the "no pothole" region. I'm sure that since the center of your butt is directly in front of the center of the tail wheel pothole targeting and missing will become second nature in no time.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was my concern too. Holes and debris in the middle of the lane, and occasional ice mounds. I just hope that rear tire and wheel and suspension system are tough to handle big jolts.

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'v had that concern as well, I'd say you can learn to straddle either left/center or center/right for 90% of what's on the road, but in the back of your mind it will be hard to remember you have a centered rear wheel.

Top Bottom