• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Thing To Customize?

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't already been asked. (I looked briefly). If you had to guess what is the first thing you will change or customize to make the Elio your own? I have quite a list but I'm sure the first thing I'll look at is the seats. Being an aircraft upholstery tech I'll just order mine with a plain jane interior and dress it up myself. I work with leather everyday so for sure that won't be going in there. Most likely be a durable and more comfortable fabric. To be completely honest I would love to get into the aftermarket world and provide interior kits like you can get for your classic hotrod and install yourself. But enough about me...let's hear your ideas. Maybe in the end we will all end up helping each other make these our own.

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think the fenders are the most prominent feature of the car, and I'd like to put some on there that are a little sportier.

Yeah I know I'll prolly be giving away a couple or three MPGs, but I've always LOVED the old "Indian" style motorcycle fenders, with some sort of fancy running light/ornament/turn signal attached to the top of them!!!!

Can't wait to hear some of the other ideas!!!!! :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't already been asked. (I looked briefly). If you had to guess what is the first thing you will change or customize to make the Elio your own? I have quite a list but I'm sure the first thing I'll look at is the seats. Being an aircraft upholstery tech I'll just order mine with a plain jane interior and dress it up myself. I work with leather everyday so for sure that won't be going in there. Most likely be a durable and more comfortable fabric. To be completely honest I would love to get into the aftermarket world and provide interior kits like you can get for your classic hotrod and install yourself. But enough about me...let's hear your ideas. Maybe in the end we will all end up helping each other make these our own.
I have to be careful of my budget but I would like to have something on my Elio in addition to reflective tape for safety. Why? So if someone "borrows" my Elio without permission, I can say it has . . . . . . . that makes it stand out in a crowd. :-) Z

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
right along with Zelio.. reflectors and light package. also install rear view cam, and tablet based Nav, music. then paint job.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1104-8l-20%2Bbuyers-guide-turbochargers%2Bdanville-stg1.jpg

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hard to say without actually seeing the Elio. I think the first customization will be in the cabin. I can see adding a rear view camera and possibly a communications system that would help when talking to a passenger. Most of this would likely be enabled with tablets so that pictures of the passenger/driver can be seen by each other. The tablet in front would also be connected via OBD for information about the vehicle.

Aside from possibly adding some visibility lighting I don't expect I'll change much on the outside until after I've lived with it a bit.

Top Bottom