• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Food/recipe/restuarant Thread

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, The one I got is called the Pit Boss.

I think a guy I work with has one of those. He's not here today so I can't say for sure. His uses pellets and has a thermostat on it that holds whatever temp you set, and even a time function to shut it down after 'x' amount of time, depending on what you're smoking. Nice smoker, LockMD!

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm really loving this pellet grill/smoker: Chicken leg quarters last night...

View attachment 5519

Came out perfect, nice crispy skin and sooooooo juicy inside. :)
Okay Lock, you have my attention. I'm already looking around for the best price I can find on one of these (thanks....thanks alot. LOL). Got a question for you since you have one of these. Since you are using pellets instead of charcoal, do they provide the smoke, or do you still have to add hickory chips? Honestly, I've never heard of pellet grills until you started posting about yours, and they sound like the perfect grill for me. I don't care much for gas grills, and always struggle to maintain the temp. I,m trying to stay at with charcoal.:)

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay Lock, you have my attention. I'm already looking around for the best price I can find on one of these (thanks....thanks alot. LOL). Got a question for you since you have one of these. Since you are using pellets instead of charcoal, do they provide the smoke, or do you still have to add hickory chips? Honestly, I've never heard of pellet grills until you started posting about yours, and they sound like the perfect grill for me. I don't care much for gas grills, and always struggle to maintain the temp. I,m trying to stay at with charcoal.:)

No even states never use any gas/propellant/charcoal Just the pellets, I'm using Hickory at the moment but going to try Pecan next. I bought mine via Home Depot online only FREE shipping was a plus LOL At first I was worried cause I was having trouble finding the pellets locally OSH had limited supply and not a lot of variety but then I found ACE carries a wide selection. :)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In my former incarnation, Even this vegan used pellet machine- it had a large hopper to the left, with a motorized screw, the rotated "feed" the pellets determined by the temp. desired- Aside from holding it's temp- when it was very cold, use to set it up, and it ran for about 4 hours. It worked well, and remember buying pellets at a dealer. When I get off this will try and get the name-
got it Traeger Lil Tex.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
well it's X:XII
tonight Rosemary Apple Potato Rosti (this is from Switzerland) I only thought of Switzerland- bank accounts, cheese, chocolate, and political neutrality.
you can substitute the 1 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary with 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh (does add to the flavor)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW! Imagine how much prettier she would be if she ate meat! That would take this 8 to a 10! (just messing with you RU. LOL):p
I'm in on the fun, (that's why I stick my vegan "stuff" in here (for the yucks) no problem, on the other hand, If you only consider her only an 8 -you have much lower standards than I !!!! lol

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, it's X:XXIII, time to turn in- having "Seitan en Croute tonight I use 1 1/2 cups vital wheat gluten flour- it's the exact opposite of gluten free- it's 100% gluten (it's used in pizza dough it's what gives it the "streatch") more protein than a piece of meat no fat no cholesterol ) excellent answer the most frequently asked-
"How to Vegans get enough protein"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist and just like that "Puff" I'm gone"

Top Bottom