• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Food/recipe/restuarant Thread

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
burger.jpg

This is my favorite burger Click on bold text for info

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
camping breakfast

2 medium potatoes peeled and diced into cubes (about 1/2")
alternate : a #2 can of diced potatoes .... second alternative : hash brown potatoes
4 or 5 slices crisp bacon crumbled
alternate : sausage or ham or all three
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 red pepper diced
1 small can mushrooms
4 slices American cheese
alternate : your favorite shredded cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 eggs
2 Tbs. milk
alternate : half and half

vary the exact amount of each ingredient with the number of people to be served .... add or remove items per your personal preference

parboil the potatoes 3 - 5 minutes, drain and cook over medium high heat in cast iron skillet with oil.... if canned potatoes are used, brown them .... if hash browns fry them in whatever matter you prefer and put them aside .... as the potatoes start to brown, lower heat to medium and add peppers, onions, and mushrooms .... continue to cook until onion is softened .... stir in bacon .... whisk eggs and milk (or half and half) until foamy .... lower heat and pour egg mix evenly over skillet .... if necessary tip skillet to evenly distribute egg mixture .... add cheese in a single layer over eggs and continue to cook until eggs set and cheese melts .... if hash browns are used, served the camping breakfast in a bowl over the hash browns

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like that one much better than the Flatpack design, and it'd probably last forever being made of SS. Rust was always the death of all of our small camping grills.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like the second one as well .... I have absolutely NO need for another charcoal grill .... for confirmation all you have to do is ask my wife ..:confused:.. that said, the more I look at the second one, the more rationalization seems to be moving in

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we still use the heck out of our Holland Companion Grill .... as you may recall, it is a propane grill .... every once-in-a-while I get an urge to use charcoal but that usually passed quickly .... :D

Top Bottom