• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Forget The Passenger Seat,,don't Raise The Roof

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather have a driver seat with plenty of storage behind, Also I question the saftey of a rear passenger..It would be a bitch for somone to get out after a front or rear collision..I would not be a passenger.Think about it, one door, the front seat must be moved forward to get in or out of the back seat, the rear hatch would not open if you got creamed in the ass, the back windows do not roll down and somwhere under that narrow frame is 8 gallons of fuel.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I dont really see safety in the Elio as any more of a concern than if you had a passenger in the back of any coupe...Perhaps slightly more risk but safer than being totaled sitting on the back of a motorcycle.
Possibly..I'm probably more careful when I have a passenger on my Harley.. The idea of riding is the freedom of no cage.. Which is safer? Your call !..Which is more fun ? Harley gets my vote.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Possibly..I'm probably more careful when I have a passenger on my Harley.. The idea of riding is the freedom of no cage.. Which is safer? Your call !..Which is more fun ? Harley gets my vote.
Ps Tom.. Doubt I'd get may takers if I ask some hot 60 year old chic to take a 200 mile road trip in my Elio..However on my bike they pack their denture cream, medimucil and eagerly hop on.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't find safety or the passenger an issue, however I'd vote to leave the roof line alone. The original height is 5 inches taller than my current car and space and view are not an issue there.

2 inches could end up making it look clunky and won't help with the MPG.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3card. You realize this is the Elio owners site correct? The Elio haters site is a different address. Is there Anything At all you Like about the Elio? I would be very interested in that post topic.
I think he is just proud of his Harley and didn't mean to slam the Elio there. I could be wrong. It's been known to happen.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3card. You realize this is the Elio owners site correct? The Elio haters site is a different address. Is there Anything At all you Like about the Elio? I would be very interested in that post topic.
All my early post were positive, was very defensive until the body changes began, found out that they actually did not have the old gm plant locked up at the time they claimed to had.. Now the style will change to be more bulk to make more room for a back seat that nobody will ride in more than a mile or so..They told a 21 year old relative of mine who is still in college with no job that they would get her in on the fuel credit card plan with no qualifing.. Once she filled out her wish list and before finalizing her check out box Elio Wrote and Called her daily until she finalized her order..Now they admit it will be hard and may not use it period..Did you read a copy of the email they sent when I asked Elio?.. Oh btw.. I found this out after gifting her a 1000 bucks to reserve an Elio..Read some my early threads , I was 100% pro Elio..I was attracted to the p3 when I sent them my $$..I can live with the p4 But I kind of wanna see what I buy.. So yes, I want my 2 Elios' but I'm pissed at the way they pressured / hustled a kid in school for money.

Last edited:

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Look guys, 3card made a valid point ABOUT THE DAMN VEHICLE. And it Stands on its own merit. This isn't the Kiss ass to Elio site, nor is it here to make so many of you feel good about yourselves or your vested interest.
3card didn't lower himself to a personal attack of any of you, So why can't those that are Babies grow up and just talk about the subject.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's also no need to turn this into the official Facebook page where the cheerleaders rule and there's no room for anyone to pose a serious question.

Top Bottom