• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Forget The Passenger Seat,,don't Raise The Roof

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A few extra inches will be better. I don't think styling will be affected much.

I am sure most guys wont mind a few more inches where it counts

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A few extra inches will be better. I don't think styling will be affected much.

I am sure most guys wont mind a few more inches where it counts
My car is 5 inches SHORTER than the current prototype It easily accommodates a 6'5" driver. Add another 2 inches and it will seriously detract from the sporty styling unless big changes everywhere else are made to blend it in. Someone good with photo shop needs to get busy....

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Picture this roof line two inches taller with no other adjustments.
elio-CTSsmaller-e1382743408393-723x406.jpg

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My car is 5 inches SHORTER than the current prototype It easily accommodates a 6'5" driver. Add another 2 inches and it will seriously detract from the sporty styling unless big changes everywhere else are made to blend it in. Someone good with photo shop needs to get busy....

Shorter in height or length? Having seen it in person I doubt I will make much difference in styling.

Its not necessary in my opinion as the back seat is a just in case proposition if you need to carry an additional person. But its a good move to make it as versatile as possible. It may also be part of an aero tweak for the good. Who knows we are just speculating.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shorter in height or length? Having seen it in person I doubt I will make much difference in styling.

Its not necessary in my opinion as the back seat is a just in case proposition if you need to carry an additional person. But its a good move to make it as versatile as possible. It may also be part of an aero tweak for the good. Who knows we are just speculating.
Height. Adding 1.5-2 inches to the top is going to aero tweak it in the wrong direction.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather have a driver seat with plenty of storage behind, Also I question the saftey of a rear passenger..It would be a bitch for somone to get out after a front or rear collision..I would not be a passenger.Think about it, one door, the front seat must be moved forward to get in or out of the back seat, the rear hatch would not open if you got creamed in the ass, the back windows do not roll down and somwhere under that narrow frame is 8 gallons of fuel.
Like I said. It just takes a little longer to dismount from a Elio than a motorcycle in a crash.

Top Bottom