• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What that means is EM has absolutely nothing concrete to update and/or communicate or they could and would.

To your point, the last we heard of any financial activity was the Drexel Hamilton $100million investment, and that might have already been almost a year ago, the last we heard anything about the ATVM loan might have been three or four years, by now. There has always been ‘buzz’ that both these efforts were ‘in play,’ like the push to 65,000 reservations, and pictures of a Elio mock-up in, hard to get to, Manhattan (maybe near Drexel Hamilton’s offices!!!). Either both of these endeavors have ‘died on the vine,’ or they are simply inadequate to even start the Elio ball rolling. No auto shows, no marketing, nothing but ‘Momentum’ stagnation mired in ‘we can’t talk.’

The result of the compete lack of information, compounded by the history of not spending the earlier investments as planned (and the questionable decisions), illustrated by ‘just where did all the money go, and ESG Engineering got paid what??’ leads the public toward forensically trying to figure out what killed Elio Motors, avoiding similar ‘endeavors’ and now eulogizing them. This cannot be good for future venture capitalists and I maintain no VC would ever play a part in not keeping any potential project afloat by hamstringing them by strangling information.

The reality is that it is hard, if not impossible, to sell a 300 to 500 million dollar idea that is a few CAD drawings, a handful of incomplete or obsolete ‘prototypes,’ is non patented, easily reengineered, and steeped in debt and growing ill will.

Time is on Paul’s side to simply ‘coast along’ and hope (and make us hope) for an impossibly long lifeline and just hope that many of us old timers fade away as well.

Last edited:

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To your point, the last we heard of any financial activity was the Drexel Hamilton $100million investment, and that might have already been almost a year ago, the last we heard anything about the ATVM loan might have been three or four years, by now. There has always been ‘buzz’ that both these efforts were ‘in play,’ like the push to 65,000 reservations, and pictures of a Elio mock-up in, hard to get to, Manhattan (maybe near Drexel Hamilton’s offices!!!). Either both of these endeavors have ‘died on the vine,’ or they are simply inadequate to even start the Elio ball rolling. No auto shows, no marketing, nothing but ‘Momentum’ stagnation mired in ‘we can’t talk.’

The result of the compete lack of information, compounded by the history of not spending the earlier investments as planned (and the questionable decisions), illustrated by ‘just where did all the money go, and ESG Engineering got paid what??’ leads the public toward forensically trying to figure out what killed Elio Motors, avoiding similar ‘endeavors’ and now eulogizing them. This cannot be good for future venture capitalists and I maintain no VC would ever play a part in not keeping any potential project afloat by hamstringing them by strangling information.

The reality is that it is hard, if not impossible, to sell a 300 to 500 million dollar idea that is a few CAD drawings, a handful of incomplete or obsolete ‘prototypes,’ is non patented, easily reengineered, and steeped in debt and growing ill will.

Time is on Paul’s side to simply ‘coast along’ and hope (and make us hope) for an impossibly long lifeline and just hope that many of us old timers fade away as well.

Unfortunately, I believe this post hit the nail on the head. EM has some unpleasant issues that need to be addressed and would rather not face them, therefore, they are employing the old legal tactic of, "stall, postpone and delay".

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What are the chances that the DH $100MM placement is all private, and it won’t become public until the balance in the form of the government loan is announces? Which triggers production?

Lots of positive concepts in this query. Talk among ourselves...
I would say one in a million, maybe too optimistic

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What are the chances that the DH $100MM placement is all private, and it won’t become public until the balance in the form of the government loan is announces? Which triggers production?

Lots of positive concepts in this query. Talk among ourselves...
3 out of 4
I would say million in a million, maybe too optimistic
Wow...more optimistic than us even!!! GO ELIO!!!
:becky:

Reactions: Ty

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since the SEC has those rules which means zero information, then I suspect that Elio has all the money and is working right now. The only indication that we will know that they done is when Elio #1 reservation holder notices a big charge on their credit card and they get a phone call from Elio dispatching asking, "Where do you want us to deliver it?" That person will then wait about 3 days for the delivery and then post pics here, of their new ride. Until then, it'll be radio silence. All we need to do is sync our watches.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since the SEC has those rules which means zero information, then I suspect that Elio has all the money and is working right now. The only indication that we will know that they done is when Elio #1 reservation holder notices a big charge on their credit card and they get a phone call from Elio dispatching asking, "Where do you want us to deliver it?" That person will then wait about 3 days for the delivery and then post pics here, of their new ride. Until then, it'll be radio silence. All we need to do is sync our watches.

I'm sure they will start production with all those people hired and working and all that activity at the plant and no one will notice a thing until the first car is ready for delivery. Yeah, sure!

p.s. note my avatar

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
eliowatch.jpg

Top Bottom