• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's only Thursday but I got my latest email from Elio (v144). This time they talk about all the different fender options they plan to offer. I'm sorry, but isn't that like the captain of the Titanic talking about all the new dinner menu options as the ship is going down?
Sunday will be seven months since funding announcement and Nasdaq. I think that the next announcement will be bankruptcy or hopefully a new owner.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know anything about "high finance" and "big deals", but I have wondered if there are those out there who are sitting like vultures waiting to pick up the pieces of Elio Motors for cents on the dollar. Why pay what it is really worth when you can get it for almost nothing? I would hate to see Paul removed from the company and have to watch someone else build his creation. On the other hand, I guess that would be better than the car never being built at all.

Help keep this forum alive, post something. Remember; there are no stupid posts, just stupid people.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know anything about "high finance" and "big deals", but I have wondered if there are those out there who are sitting like vultures waiting to pick up the pieces of Elio Motors for cents on the dollar. Why pay what it is really worth when you can get it for almost nothing? I would hate to see Paul removed from the company and have to watch someone else build his creation. On the other hand, I guess that would be better than the car never being built at all.

Help keep this forum alive, post something. Remember; there are no stupid posts, just stupid people.
If I wanted the company I would wait for bankruptcy and just deal with Lichter. I don't think that Paul Elio adds anything to the table, and I would not be interested in keeping him. He got the company going

Last edited by a moderator:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's only Thursday but I got my latest email from Elio (v144). This time they talk about all the different fender options they plan to offer. I'm sorry, but isn't that like the captain of the Titanic talking about all the new dinner menu options as the ship is going down?
It's another totally recycled blog. If it were worth it, I'd look it up. LOL.
Funny you should say that. There was an almost exact replica planned that was supposed to take it's maiden voyage soon.

It was going to cost a mere $500M and... "The project was announced by Australian millionaire Clive Palmer in April 2012, as the flagship of a proposed cruise company Blue Star Line Pty. Ltd. of Brisbane, Australia.[4] The intended launch date was originally set in 2016,[5] then delayed to 2018.[6] As of February 2018 the Blue Star Line has made no formal announcement regarding the construction status."

DOESN'T ALL THAT SOUND ODDLY FAMILIAR? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_II

upload_2018-3-1_12-16-40.jpeg

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I was saying that a year and a half ago. No-one listened.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would order lobster, would like to take one down before they get me.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A Three Wheeling Friday
March 2, 2018

Happy Friday Elio’ers! It’s not officially spring just yet, but the fact that the calendar has flipped from February to March has us in a Spring state of mind. This week’s Friday Blog will cover two topics: hearing your take on the future of the automotive industry and follow up questions from Wednesday’s Momentum about the Elio’s fenders.

It’s become clear to us that our followers are a knowledgeable, educated, and opinionated group. If you think we’re just blowing smoke, you’re wrong; Elio Motors supporters are a unique combination of engineering aficionados, automotive enthusiasts, environmentalists, and America first adherents.

As we focus on funding and work toward starting production next year, you hear from us a least twice a week about the vehicle, the business of Elio, and industry trends. We think that it’s time to hear from you.

As the industry looks to the future, we want to hear what you think about the future of the automotive industry. We realize that this is a wide topic, and that’s by design. We want to hear the directions you think the industry will take, what you’d like to see change, the best way to enact these changes, etc.

Feel free to focus on how Elio fits into your vision or take a more general view. Let us know by emailing us at tellmemore@eliomotors.com. In a few weeks, we’ll share some of the best responses. You never know, we may throw in some Elio Motors swag if we use your response. We look forward to reading your thoughts!

Speaking of hearing from our supporters, we received many questions following the most recent Momentum. Below are the answers to the most popular questions.

Can I change the colors of the fenders? For example, If I want a Creamsicle vehicle and Marshmallow fenders, will that be an option?

While color combinations will not come standard, we do plan on making them an option!

How much will optional fenders shown in the Momentum affect the gas mileage?

These exact numbers have not been finalized, but you can plan on them having some impact in the 0-5% range. Ultimately, it’s a style decision, so if maximizing mileage is your goal, stick to the standard fenders.

Will lights on the fenders for enhanced visibility be an option?

At this stage, we do not plan on offering lights for the fenders. However, if there is enough demand, you can count on them being available. We are currently exploring using a reflective tape and other lightweight materials to increase the Elio’s visibility.

What material are the fairings made of?

There are two parts that make up the fairings- SMC (Sheet molded composite) and TPO (Thermoplastic olefin.)

Thanks for your support and have a great weekend!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A Three Wheeling Friday
March 2, 2018

Happy Friday Elio’ers! It’s not officially spring just yet, but the fact that the calendar has flipped from February to March has us in a Spring state of mind. This week’s Friday Blog will cover two topics: hearing your take on the future of the automotive industry and follow up questions from Wednesday’s Momentum about the Elio’s fenders.

It’s become clear to us that our followers are a knowledgeable, educated, and opinionated group. If you think we’re just blowing smoke, you’re wrong; Elio Motors supporters are a unique combination of engineering aficionados, automotive enthusiasts, environmentalists, and America first adherents.

As we focus on funding and work toward starting production next year, you hear from us a least twice a week about the vehicle, the business of Elio, and industry trends. We think that it’s time to hear from you.

As the industry looks to the future, we want to hear what you think about the future of the automotive industry. We realize that this is a wide topic, and that’s by design. We want to hear the directions you think the industry will take, what you’d like to see change, the best way to enact these changes, etc.

Feel free to focus on how Elio fits into your vision or take a more general view. Let us know by emailing us at tellmemore@eliomotors.com. In a few weeks, we’ll share some of the best responses. You never know, we may throw in some Elio Motors swag if we use your response. We look forward to reading your thoughts!

Speaking of hearing from our supporters, we received many questions following the most recent Momentum. Below are the answers to the most popular questions.

Can I change the colors of the fenders? For example, If I want a Creamsicle vehicle and Marshmallow fenders, will that be an option?

While color combinations will not come standard, we do plan on making them an option!

How much will optional fenders shown in the Momentum affect the gas mileage?

These exact numbers have not been finalized, but you can plan on them having some impact in the 0-5% range. Ultimately, it’s a style decision, so if maximizing mileage is your goal, stick to the standard fenders.

Will lights on the fenders for enhanced visibility be an option?

At this stage, we do not plan on offering lights for the fenders. However, if there is enough demand, you can count on them being available. We are currently exploring using a reflective tape and other lightweight materials to increase the Elio’s visibility.

What material are the fairings made of?

There are two parts that make up the fairings- SMC (Sheet molded composite) and TPO (Thermoplastic olefin.)

Thanks for your support and have a great weekend!

Reckon the next momentum will be titled "Where we are and our roadmap to production" and have sections called "Funding approved", "Completed engine and it's final stats", and "First batch of assembly line managers and workers hired"?

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reckon the next momentum will be titled "Where we are and our roadmap to production" and have sections called "Funding approved", "Completed engine and it's final stats", and "First batch of assembly line managers and workers hired"?
The Gas Tax Debate and More
March 7, 2018

Paying the Tax Man

Benjamin Franklin famously said that “Nothing is certain except but death and taxes.” This quote even applies to a stop at the gas station. Included in the price of a gallon of gasoline is an 18.4 cent federal gas tax. The gasoline tax has not changed since 1993, so it should not come as a surprise that there is currently a discussion in Washington about a potential tax increase. As lawmakers debate the issue, constituents are divided on the matter.

According to the Hill, “Forty-six percent of respondents said that raising the tax would is a good idea, while 44 percent said it’s a bad idea. The 2-percentage point difference falls within the survey’s 3.4-percentage-point margin of error.” Recently, a 25-cent increase has been proposed. On the state level, gas taxes vary from 58 centers per gallon in Pennsylvania to 12 cents in Alaska.

While it’s difficult to forecast if an increase in the gas tax is likely, the issue highlights the importance of fuel efficiency. A vehicle like the Elio acts as an effective insurance policy against the volatility of gas prices and taxes.

Car Buying Tips

As new car prices continue to reach new exorbitant heights, car buyers are on a perpetual lookout for savings. The Drive recently compileda helpful guide to assist the cost-conscious car buyer.

To begin, it’s wise for car buyers to wait for specific times throughout the year to make their purchase. “Not only are the last few days of the month great but if that month happens to be the end of a quarter it can be one of the cheapest times to buy a car. This really gets kicked up a notch at the end of the year.” The article further advises consumers to take advantage of Holiday sales, buy new vehicles during auto shows, and avoid the start of the new model year. Logically, the article posits the idea of avoiding SUV purchases in the winter and convertibles during the warmest months.

While the article undeniably dispenses valuable wisdom, we at Elio Motors aspire to make its findings irrelevant. Ultimately, we plan on having Elio Motors retail centers in the top 60 US markets, which allows us to control the price and the overall buying experience. The base price of the Elio will be the same for every customer, every day of the year. The Elio Motors purchasing process will be haggle and stress-free. Whether you walk into an Elio Motors center in New York, New Orleans, or New Mexico, you will have the same superior experience and unbeatable price.

Top Bottom