• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a bit more info with regards to the Yoyo business model...

This info is courtesy of "Mr Google"...not so sure how accurate the data is...

A Yoyo subscription works like this. A consumer signs up and pays an annual fee of about $100, which grants him/her anytime access to vehicles covering every reasonable use case. Electric vehicles, city cars, mid-size sedans, trucks, and SUVs from mainstream as well as premium brands will be available. They are split into three price tiers — $0.50, $0.75, and $1.00 per mile.

A smart phone is used to beckon whatever vehicle a member wants whenever they want. Delivery and collection can be affected to or from a workplace, home, airport, etc. Members pay per mile with a minimum 30 miles per day averaged over a monthly or quarterly period, depending on membership level. For example, if one has a $0.50 per mile, tier-one Ford Focus for a full month, they will pay a minimum $450, regardless of if the vehicle is operated 0 miles, 30 miles each day, or 900 miles on a single day. Drive over 900 miles that month and simply pay the $0.50 rate per mile – no high mileage discounts, no high mileage penalties.

The economics of adopting Yoyo versus traditional private ownership boil down to a pair of factors. First, how much do you drive? The fewer miles one drives the more Yoyo makes sense from a purely economic perspective. If one drives fewer than 10,000 miles per year, they can almost certainly save by using Yoyo or another car share provider. Second, to what extent does one value access to dozens of different vehicles, always driving a relatively new vehicle, and avoiding the hassles and responsibilities of ownership?

A driver operating a variety of Yoyo’s tier-one $0.50 per mile vehicles, such as a Ford Focus, Jeep Wrangler, or Mini Cooper 15,000 miles per year, will spend $625 per month, about $100 less than the average sedan owner. But don’t forget to add the cost to fuel your Yoyo, which for a 25 mile per gallon car will be about $0.09 per mile, making the cost delta between traditional ownership and Yoyo too close to call.

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Home Depot lets me use their trucks if I buy enough junk from them.
Nobody gets to use my ELIO. Sad Face.

I can attest to the around 80% driver only stat, just by looking at the cars going down the street here in Jellystone.
"On top of that, most of that driving time (close to 80%, according to studies) is spent with no one else in the car."

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On those rare occasions when you happen to need a sedan or minivan or truck, you can always get one from an on-demand car service that will bring exactly what you need right to you.

Now I'm even more worried.

This guy is so far out of touch with reality that he's never heard of the average person having a family? Kids to cart around almost daily?

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The idea they will deliver the rental ??? ain't gonna happen, but I'm happy he's happy.
Why not? Avis, Hertz and all the other majors have delivered for decades. Hell, I remember getting one delivered 30+ years ago.

Walmart will shop for you and load your bags into your car.
The Giant Eagle food chain takes it one step further and delivers to your home.
http://www.wtae.com/article/giant-e...ivery-in-the-greater-pittsburgh-area/13087162

There are quite a few national chain home grocery shopping and delivery services now.
"Groceries delivered in as little as 1 hour" -- Instacart.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW...what a shameful pitch for Mr Iyer's vehicle sharing startup...

The Elio vehicle as your only car...for the majority of American drivers...that would be absolutely absurd...

The Elio saga is becoming very strange...

"Beam me up Scotty" comes to mind...

I sure hope this Friday Night Elio Blog is just intended to be a spoof...
I'm absolutely amazed this guy didn't change his name somewhere along his timeline.
He must have gone though pure hell in school. And during job interviews.

Next his company reps will be calling our homes and cell phones and pitching just like the brokers did...
And like the brokers, they'll tell us it's on the bequest of Elio Motors because we reserved or expressed interest.

BTW... We have an widely advertised accident attorney in our area whose name is Harry Stump.

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm absolutely amazed this guy didn't change his name somewhere along his timeline.

Next his company reps will be calling our homes and cell phones and pitching just like the brokers did...
And like the brokers, they'll tell us it's on the bequest of Elio Motors because we reserved or expressed interest.

BTW... We have an widely advertised accident attorney in our area whose name is Harry Stump.

He changed his name, but I think for different reasons

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why not? Avis, Hertz and all the other majors have delivered for decades. Hell, I remember getting one delivered 30+ years ago.

Walmart will shop for you and load your bags into your car.
The Giant Eagle food chain takes it one step further and delivers to your home.
http://www.wtae.com/article/giant-e...ivery-in-the-greater-pittsburgh-area/13087162

There are quite a few national chain home grocery shopping and delivery services now.
"Groceries delivered in as little as 1 hour" -- Instacart.
I get my rental cars delivered, I estimate it takes two drivers and an extra vehicle forty five minutes each to do this. This would be about $50 in costs. I rent for a week at a time so they car spread out the cost over seven days. Getting a car delivered for a day or two would bankrupt YOYO in short order.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get my rental cars delivered, I estimate it takes two drivers and an extra vehicle forty five minutes each to do this. This would be about $50 in costs. I rent for a week at a time so they car spread out the cost over seven days. Getting a car delivered for a day or two would bankrupt YOYO in short order.
Enterprise is pretty big into renting cars with a bunch of little offices around the place. My wifes company car got rear ended. So the body shop picked it up and Enterprise showed up an hour later with a replacement while the other one gets fixed. My in laws rent from Enterprise when they take a family trip. There has to be at least 3-4 small Enterprise offices in my area. Enterprise is nationwide.

For Yoyo, there's no info on where they are set up. Why would I join to only find out my area is not covered? Then, why would I want to join Yoyo when Enterprise is already starting up the same thing and I know that they are not looking for a handout when it comes to funding and will probably still be in business next week. I suspect that Yoyo is not doing too well and thus, the need to slide back into Elio Motors.
https://www.enterprisecarshare.com

Top Bottom