• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they take a space in a mall it will be strictly to show off the car, the rent will not be affected as there will be no selling from that space.
Last time I seen an Elio show and talked to the Elio Motors Employees, they told me that they would be showing the cars, taking orders, offering test drives and processing new cars. Only reason I asked it was because when they were going to start selling them, I wanted to wait a bit and then go, take a test drive before I was going to spend $6,800.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's be careful when using terms "showroom" and "dealership"
It has been kicked around that a dealership opens a heap of legal problems, as does showrooms
If they take a space in a mall it will be strictly to show off the car, the rent will not be affected as there will be no selling from that space.
I don't know for sure, but I think Tesla has used/uses the mall to show-off the product, no test drives and doesn't take orders at a mall.

The idea of saving on rent by going to a mall that's in trouble, will not attract many people. Elio once had a showing in a mall in Albany N.Y. in a distressed mall and it felt like there were many Elio folks as shoppers. Malls continue to face enormous financial pressures-

"BUSINESS
What in the World Is Causing the Retail Meltdown of 2017?
In the middle of an economic recovery, hundreds of shops and malls are shuttering. The reasons why go far beyond Amazon."
Tesla had a few ‘pop-up’ showrooms at one point. Elio Experience Centers could pop-up anytime/anyplace to include Pep Boy’s locations. That’s me (lower left) driving by in my Yellow Arcimoto or possibly driving in to check the FUV’s trade-in value on a new yellow Elio. :)

837F3EA0-6CD7-44EB-8B97-0D15F4D38C6B.jpeg

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"If you’re concerned about additional storage space, fear not! Firstly, as you probably know, the front seat folds forward for additional storage space- enough to fit a set of golf clubs."
FOTFLMFO!!!- well if the front seat will fold forward...........
I'm glad I'm not the only one who did that!

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you contact EM about their typo? I did.
That way, they can do something about it.

I also corrected their post here as it was a copy and paste.
Response from Elio Motors

jwacree

Aug 11, 11:41 EDT

"the front seat folds forward" should be "the back of the back seat
folds forward"

Elio.jpeg

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Aug 13, 14:33 EDT

Thanks for the heads up!
Best,
The Elio Team

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So that's two mistakes in that blog entry, the front seat folds forward, and the dome light over the steering wheel both WRONG.
I emailed them about the dome light, haven't gotten an answer yet, but that entry is wrong also, it's on the B-pillar.
Geeezzzz who writes those blog entries?

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So that's two mistakes in that blog entry, the front seat folds forward, and the dome light over the steering wheel both WRONG.
I emailed them about the dome light, haven't gotten an answer yet, but that entry is wrong also, it's on the B-pillar.

"Geeezzzz who writes those blog entries?"

Yoiot.jpg

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]
i67.tinypic.com_2z5w2uq.jpg

Top Bottom