• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course there still remains the lil’ ol’ problem of (still) no firm design, no money, and a dwindling established customer base. Elio Motors should be happy entertaining any questions, and ideas, from anybody, so should websites that want to promote EM. There is no ‘purchased’ without first building it.

Of all of my sarcasm and hyperbole, "purchased" was what you chose to focus on..

really?

Congrats, you have satisfied your Grammar Nazi quota for the year.

Now give it a rest.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of all of my sarcasm and hyperbole, "purchased" was what you chose to focus on..

really?

Congrats, you have satisfied your Grammar Nazi quota for the year.

Now give it a rest.

Thanks for ‘bumping’ my response to the top of this new page, it makes it more accessible!

As for sarcasm and hyperbole, I don’t rely on it to communicate my point. Seems kinda childish, imho: I much prefer ‘irony.’

Last edited:

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WooHoo! Now just two steps out the door instead of 5, alright!

My deal was having the seatbelt set up as if you were on the passenger's side of a regular car. So when you get in you would pull it from right to left to get the click. This would get the retracted seatbelt out of the way for actual people attempting to enter and exit the backseat. Go figure.

Hey all, Happy Friday :D

AS A SIDE BENEFIT , PEOPLE WITH PACEMAKERS INSTALLED ARE OFTEN UNCOMFORTABLE
WITH THE BELT CROSSING OVER THE DEVICE . A PASSENGER SIDE ARRANGEMENT WOULD
BE A WELCOME SURPRISE .

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why don't you message Elio about this.

I DID JUST THAT A FEW YEARS AGO .
I GOT THE COOKIE CUTTER RESPONSE THAT THEY WILL PASS IT ON TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE .

MY WIFE HAD A PACEMAKER BEFORE THE HEART TRANSPLANT .
HERS WAS THE HOT-ROD MODEL WITH THE BUILT IN DEFIBRILLATOR .

THE LEFT TO RIGHT SEATBELTS BOTHERED HER SO MUCH THAT SHE QUIT DRIVING .
THE PASSENGER RIGHT TO LEFT SEATBELT WAS NO A PROBLEM .

NEARLY EVERYONE WHO HAS A PACEMAKER , HAS IT INSTALLED NEAR THE LEFT COLLARBONE
AND THIS INCLUDES A LARGE % OF THE POPULATION .
ELIO COULD ACTUALLY PLUG THE RIGHT TO LEFT SEATBELT AS A SELLING POINT .

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. Why don't you message Elio about this.
You are not allowed to mount the seatbelt that way. The two-point fastening side has to be on the door side. IIRC Elio had originally planned on having the seat belt go over the right shoulder, but changed it.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doubt if it is legal, could you get a passenger seatbelt from wrecker and affix to ceiling? Would be any easy job for your capabilities.That way either belt could be used. I'm sure the police would not charge her.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doubt if it is legal, could you get a passenger seatbelt from wrecker and affix to ceiling? Would be any easy job for your capabilities.That way either belt could be used. I'm sure the police would not charge her.

If there are no safety regulations for autocycles in their state then a seatbelt would not be mandatory at all and the owner could put it wherever they want.

I understand why Elio would have the seatbelt left to right for safety reasons, but as is I would think there would be nothing legally stopping someone from relocating or removing it.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My class 8 truck had a comfort latch seat belt. I do not know if it would be legal for a passenger vehicle, or could be purchased new.
I have seen them on Ebay.
It allowed slack in the shoulder belt. Supposed to be set at 1 inch slack , but could make as much slack as you wanted.
http://www.imminet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Komfort-Latch-Gen-1.jpg
Edit: Scratch that, just did a search, and there are lots of aftermarket "seat belt adjusters" out there.
Edit2: Just bought some, I can review when I get them from HongKong.
You sent a payment of $3.88 USD to 深圳市米斯电子商务有限公司
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222183868819
Edit3: bought 2 more sets, different vendor, if these work great, if not, out a few bucks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371759752072

Last edited:
Top Bottom