• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Home beer and wine making IS legal (in most states). Home distilling (alcohol) is NOT legal. Federal law. There is NO amount that is legal, even for personal use.
I think if your a farmer it's ok to distill tractor fuel. LOL I'm not responsible in that my tractor only gets one mile to the gallon if you catch my drift. LOL

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Home beer and wine making IS legal (in most states). Home distilling (alcohol) is NOT legal. Federal law. There is NO amount that is legal, even for personal use.

You guys might like our laws here-
This is from Wikipedia:

"Missouri's lax alcohol laws compared to other states include:

• Blanket liquor laws without regard to alcohol percentage;
  • Legalized public intoxication, which localities cannot override;
  • No statewide prohibition on drinking in public, though nearly every municipality prohibits this on its own;
  • No statewide vehicle open container law, allowing passengers in motor vehicles (but not drivers) to consume alcohol openly, though 31 localities do have local vehicle open container laws; (My wife likes this one)
  • No limitations on the types of locations that can sell liquor off-premises, allowing even drug stores and gas stations to sell hard liquor;
  • No blue laws besides slightly fewer hours for off-premises sales on Sundays and separate on-premises Sunday licenses;
  • 3:00 AM bar closing hours in St. Louis, Kansas City, and their surrounding areas;
  • Legalized interstate shipments of less than five gallons of any lawfully-manufactured alcohol except wine;
  • Forbidding a local option, prohibiting counties and cities from banning the retail sale of liquor;
  • Permitting open containers on the street in the Power & Light District in Downtown Kansas City;
  • Allowing residents over 21 to manufacture up to 200 gallons of any alcohol for personal use each year without any state limitation, license, or taxation;
  • Allowing parents and guardians to give alcohol to their children, though not to the level of neglect or abuse."

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys might like our laws here-
This is from Wikipedia:

"Missouri's lax alcohol laws compared to other states include:

• Blanket liquor laws without regard to alcohol percentage;
  • Legalized public intoxication, which localities cannot override;
  • No statewide prohibition on drinking in public, though nearly every municipality prohibits this on its own;
  • No statewide vehicle open container law, allowing passengers in motor vehicles (but not drivers) to consume alcohol openly, though 31 localities do have local vehicle open container laws; (My wife likes this one)
  • No limitations on the types of locations that can sell liquor off-premises, allowing even drug stores and gas stations to sell hard liquor;
  • No blue laws besides slightly fewer hours for off-premises sales on Sundays and separate on-premises Sunday licenses;
  • 3:00 AM bar closing hours in St. Louis, Kansas City, and their surrounding areas;
  • Legalized interstate shipments of less than five gallons of any lawfully-manufactured alcohol except wine;
  • Forbidding a local option, prohibiting counties and cities from banning the retail sale of liquor;
  • Permitting open containers on the street in the Power & Light District in Downtown Kansas City;
  • Allowing residents over 21 to manufacture up to 200 gallons of any alcohol for personal use each year without any state limitation, license, or taxation;
  • Allowing parents and guardians to give alcohol to their children, though not to the level of neglect or abuse."

The land of Budweiser and Clydesdales! :)

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score

In the state of Wisconsin you can distill 100 gallons for a single person or 200 gallon for a house hold. You can give it away but you can not sell it or barter it. That is the law it is a fact you need no permit or license. Is the law now and has been all along.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In the state of Wisconsin you can distill 100 gallons for a single person or 200 gallon for a house hold. You can give it away but you can not sell it or barter it. That is the law it is a fact you need no permit or license. Is the law now and has been all along.

NC had a similar law but I believe a Federal Law saying zero/zip/nada is now on the books and takes president

Top Bottom