• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I very much like the fact that they notified us before the media. That was considerate. Last time, people were unhappy that EM notified the media before they notified us, the reservation holders. Perhaps EM were listening.

Wouldn't it be great if by "stakeholders" they meant they had new investors who wanted to be there. Existing "stakeholders" would have known about this for a long time and accommodated it in their schedule. But new investors?

I will not get my hopes up.
That's what I'm wondering about. In other words could they have lined up some investor(s) for production who basically said don't do it unless we're standing beside it. Otherwise the only reason not to fire it up would be they're bust.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speed Demon.

I'm coming from driving a v8 truck. I still want lots of power.
driven-subaru-wrxsti-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This news really is a shame for EM as it will, at least temporarily, lead to more questions and doubting even though what I have heard via back-channels is that the engine actually performed better than expected during the dyno runs last week.

Sounds encouraging that it did better than anticipated. As for the reschedule it is more important those key people be there than anything else. They could be the ones to pony up.

I didn't get an email guess yall have special emails.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds encouraging that it did better than anticipated. As for the reschedule it is more important those key people be there than anything else. They could be the ones to pony up.

I didn't get an email guess yall have special emails.
I got my personalized Dear Rick letter moments ago. I bet you get one soon if on Elio's List.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While being disappointed, I do appreciate EM letting me know about the delayed Engine unveiling first, instead of finding out about it in a press release. Think that was a classy thing to do.
Nice touch, beside advanced notification, it was personalized. I would really like to know who was so important that they had the clout to inconvenience so many. After making a public announcement, a little more detailed explanation would have been appropriate.

Top Bottom