• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Front License Plates (if Required)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I know that Federally, it's still considered a motorcycle and that state-to-state, they'll decide on other regulations like helmets and tests, etc.
Here's a question that may be simple. Motorcycles don't require them, but some states require a front license plates on cars. For the sake of THIS topic, what do you think about placement for a license plate on the front of the Elio? It could eventually be classified as something that would require a front license plate in those states that require them on cars. There isn't much frontal area that wouldn't block the radiator... Just a random thought/question. Go.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I know that Federally, it's still considered a motorcycle and that state-to-state, they'll decide on other regulations like helmets and tests, etc.
Here's a question that may be simple. Motorcycles don't require them, but some states require a front license plates on cars. For the sake of THIS topic, what do you think about placement for a license plate on the front of the Elio? It could eventually be classified as something that would require a front license plate in those states that require them on cars. There isn't much frontal area that wouldn't block the radiator... Just a random thought/question. Go.
That only leaves, just above the radiator or out on a finder like on a trailer but only in front.:(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:oops:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am going to have to trust Oregon DMV to stick with the motorcycle license. I don't want to ruin my Elio with a car sized license plate in front or back. The motorcycle license may be less esthetically pleasing to the eye but at least it is small. :-) Z

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you need a front plate, you could just stick it on the front dashboard if it won't have a mounting area

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Colorado requires a front plate ..... I think the only vehicle I have with one is the motorhome. I do have a 'Ford Motorsport' plate on the front of the '64 Falcon 'vert, but I don't think that counts as a 'plate'.
So following suit, the Elio won't have a front plate either. ;)

Top Bottom