• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Front Wheel Track

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, no wheelies going forward. But what about in reverse? With 70 percent of the weight on the front, it should be easy to pull the rear off the ground and with the steering in front, you could guide it around. I see a great future for the Elio in the circus.
Well, with let's say half a million Elio out there 4 years from now, yes, someone will definitely do that (and deserve the results). But it's not anywhere as big a deal at 5mph in reverse as the full range of forward speeds.
Keep in mind the Reliant as driven by Top Gear (look on youtube) is a reverse of the Elio, and it was a main stream car for many years in the UK. And driven very safely, K , except for those Top Gear people (not the car's fault). They proved beyond doubt that Idiots shouldn't drive anything, no mater what country (or mindset) they live in.

NOTE to online surfers: Because of the lack of common knowledge current to the public in 2014, I'm required to say about 3wheelers, yes, 2wheels forward is always easier to engineer into a safe driving machine, and combined with front wheel drive even that much better.

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, no wheelies going forward. But what about in reverse? With 70 percent of the weight on the front, it should be easy to pull the rear off the ground and with the steering in front, you could guide it around. I see a great future for the Elio in the circus.
And you would do this because. . . . . . . . . .

:) Z

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that Elio Stoppies will be a thing with the inevitable high school students who'll drive them.
Acknowledged and rubber stamped as ultimate truth. Teenagers are ever predictable in their unpredictability. What can be done WILL be done.

I definitely agree that if there is a will there is a way however this should be difficult to do without first disabling the stability control system. Not that disabling the ESC will be all that difficult to accomplish however it does limit the random factor as you will have to intentionally disable the system prior to attempting this move.

Hopefully there won't be too many people seriously injured or killed attempting these kind of stunts in their Elio. :rolleyes:

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I definitely agree that if there is a will there is a way however this should be difficult to do without first disabling the stability control system. Not that disabling the ESC will be all that difficult to accomplish however it does limit the random factor as you will have to intentionally disable the system prior to attempting this move.

Hopefully there won't be too many people seriously injured or killed attempting these kind of stunts in their Elio. :rolleyes:

Around our old race shop the motto was: IT'S NO FUN, 'TIL SOMEBODY GETS HURT

Top Bottom