• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Full Catalog 3 Wheelers Thread

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On page 3 you have the 1950 Bond and the 1950 Merya; you had commented "a blend of both of them?"
The only thing that came to mind was Meyrabond the new Super Adhesive! :becky:

I'm surprised David Browers hasn't commented on this yet. OK , HERE GOES ...........

THE WHITE & BLUE MESSERSCHMITT KR-200 SUPER WAS MADE IN 1955 AS A "RECORD BREAKER" .
IT WAS RUN AT THE HOCKENHEIM SPEED TRACK FOR 24 HOURS AND SET 22 INTERNATIONAL
SPEED RECORDS SOME OF WHICH STILL STAND !

2030d60eb633feb288282e86950928d2.jpg

THE CAR WAS MADE FOR LOWER DRAG AND THE ENGINE WAS SOUPED UP BUT WAS STILL OF 200cc DISPLACEMENT .
THE BRAKES & SUSPENSION WERE BONE STOCK .
THERE IS A LARGE FUEL TANK BEHIND THE DRIVER WHERE A PASSENGER WOULD NORMALLY SIT .

WOW , LOOK AT THE BUGS ON THE FRONT AFTER 24 HOURS @ 80mph !
Eisele.jpg

THE ORIGINAL CAR SURVIVES & IS IN A MUSEUM IN GERMANY .
SOMETIME IN THE 1960's SOMEONE STOLE THE ORIGINAL MOTOR !

A NUMBER OF COPIES HAVE BEEN MADE FROM STANDARD KR-200 CARS .
FROM WHAT I HEAR VISION THROUGH THE LITTLE BULLET SHAPED WINDSHIELD IS BLURRY !

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really think the history lesson is.... absolutely perfect for this. Please keep doing that! For myself, I may not have the time or the related education despite my technology background.
Anyway, I haven't found my history disks, this is coming from my thumb drives. So I was going to finish out early classics, but I'll have to move more modern for now. If you find anything not covered, feel free to post it. I did finally find 30 HMV Freeway photos, but I fine with anyone beating me to the punch.
Even though it's very modern, let's get a Reliant Robin in here. Definitely a classic. One did show up here in Phoenix AZ, at a micro-car convention a few years back. It's a daily driver for the owner, at the time.
007.jpg
007RELIANT-ROBIN-CAR---1990-008.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Prof. Pierre Either (eh-Tee-eh), in Canada made this FWD prototype, over 20 years ago. Noticed the snow in the last image. They have snow in Canada, eh? This is one reason Pierre favored FWD.
3roues1.jpg
c16.jpg
Pierr.jpg

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to post what got me into high mileage three wheelers. The California Commuter Car by Doug Malewicki. Having shown that let's include the modern 'C2C' version, and I included a morphed image version of that, with a better seating position. (I did that) Doug was so cool about it, even sent me a free plans kit, to a young college student a few years out from service in the Air Force.
CalCom%20SideViewBW.JPG
Doug_Malewicki_776a.jpg
98e8.jpg
98e8_subcar.JPG

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the Stimsom Scortcher a classic or more modern? Sooo many people try a sit-on something like this, lets call it classic.
No body, but it is 2F1R.
Stimson Scortcher.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The GM Lean Machine pre-dates many of this type, such as this TTW also posted. It's the first 1F2R tilter that I personally ever saw.
It is one of those kind of designs the major makers use to shake us up, get us excited, but never-ever intended on making.
lean machine.jpg
051.jpg

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea what this is, but do you think from the styling it was created in the early 80's?

(Edited: 1974 PMC AEV - Alternative Energy Vehicle by Powers Motor Corporation)
body-pmc-front.jpg
body-pmc-rear.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom