• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funding Refused By Paul Elio

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did invest. $5k - 466 shares. Not during the accredited round but during the StartEngine round.

Simple logic tells me that no one with "a lick of common sense" will throw down real money on the future of a company, and (within a matter of days) proceed to say they have no confidence in the leadership!
If you have, in deed, "invested " anything(My simple minded opinion) sir, that you are either an xxxx or a xxxx.

Given the choice,even stupid animals won't crap where they eat.

Last edited by a moderator:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simple logic tells me that no one with "a lick of common sense" will throw down real money on the future of a company, and (within a matter of days) proceed to say they have no confidence in the leadership!
If you have, in deed, "invested " anything(My simple minded opinion) sir, that you are either an xxxx or a xxxx.

NO NO NO!!! no one here should be attacking the person, I'm reporting this as going over the line.
Money in money out, inside outside info, all means nothing. We each have our own crystal ball

Last edited by a moderator:

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I think he is saying he believes in the concept and company hence his investment of 5k not so much Mr P.E

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe he likes the design of the vehicle and the business design of the manufacturing, marshaling centers, stores and distribution system. However he believes Paul Elio is not doing a great job of handling it.

Regardless whether Paul Elio is doing a good job or not, it is possible for someone to come up with a great idea but not be the best person for executing that idea.

I know I could never have done what he has done. Since I can do less, I will not sit in evaluation of someone who can do more.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know I could never have done what he has done. Since I can do less, I will not sit in evaluation of someone who can do more.

agree .... there is no doubt that I don't have the knowledge/ability/drive or the rest of a host of personal characteristics needed to bring a project like this from an idea to where it is now, much less the rest of the way into production .... I suspect that is true as well for those who pretend to be experts from the safety of sitting in front of their computer screens ....

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think he is saying he believes in the concept and company hence his investment of 5k not so much Mr P.E

Easy there friend. What I am saying (again) is: (1) I like the concept; (2) I like it enough to have invested 5k in the concept during StartEngine; (3) I did not like it enough to go bigger during the accredited investor offering; (4) my unwillingness to invest during the accredited investory round should not be taken as a reflection on Elio Motors or any material facts, past or present, but rather as a reflection of my concept of risk versus reward; (5) I think Paul is a brilliant engineer and visionary; (6) I think he has done and continues to do a poor job of getting this to market because he prizes total control and overestimates the willingness of the sort of major investors he needs to give majority stakes for minority control; (7) Elio Motors is unlikely, in my opinion, to acheive ATVM funding until they have a product on the market, in whatever limited capacity that is, and that ATVM funding is not likely to follow a successful StartEngine round (I'm putting the odds there of 25% chance of sunshine should the entire $25M tranch get subscribed).

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Easy there friend. What I am saying (again) is: (1) I like the concept; (2) I like it enough to have invested 5k in the concept during StartEngine; (3) I did not like it enough to go bigger during the accredited investor offering; (4) my unwillingness to invest during the accredited investory round should not be taken as a reflection on Elio Motors or any material facts, past or present, but rather as a reflection of my concept of risk versus reward; (5) I think Paul is a brilliant engineer and visionary; (6) I think he has done and continues to do a poor job of getting this to market because he prizes total control and overestimates the willingness of the sort of major investors he needs to give majority stakes for minority control; (7) Elio Motors is unlikely, in my opinion, to acheive ATVM funding until they have a product on the market, in whatever limited capacity that is, and that ATVM funding is not likely to follow a successful StartEngine round (I'm putting the odds there of 25% chance of sunshine should the entire $25M tranch get subscribed).

"Methinks the man doth protest too much."
Tony, When you're in a hole over your head the first thing to do is stop digging.
People are tired of your passive aggressive bashing.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Well, I'm almost in the same boat as tonyspumoni. I invested because I still believe in the idea of the Elio but have less confidence in the company as time goes on. I don't ever expect a return on my investment. I set aside triple the amount I ended up investing but when I read the full disclosure I backed off a bit and threw in what I consider to be throw away money.

Top Bottom