• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

General Reservation Questions And Comments

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So....weird thought here with all the talk about the bonus and income. When we go to the DMV for the license, will we pay tax on whole amount or price - $500?
My guess is you will pay tax on the price of the vehicle plus any options you add. Oregon doesn't have a sales tax so I don't have to worry about it. The $500 will only appear as part of the payment not as some form of income. But then maybe I am misunderstanding your question. That has been known to happen before. Maybe you are meaning is it a discount so the price you pay is $500 less. Hm, good question. Maybe I should simply shut up and let someone else help you. :rolleyes: :-) Z

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your on the right track z. I have to pay taxes on the final price of the vehicle, but it will be interesting to see if the final price will be $6800 or - $500 = $6300 for an example.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Your on the right track z. I have to pay taxes on the final price of the vehicle, but it will be interesting to see if the final price will be $6800 or - $500 = $6300 for an example.

The govt has their way of getting their money, I would count on the invoice showing the taxable purchase price at $6800 (plus options). Expect the worst, hope for the best! :)

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The govt has their way of getting their money, I would count on the invoice showing the taxable purchase price at $6800 (plus options). Expect the worst, hope for the best! :)

Ya that's what I'm expecting. I should call my county treas office and get their thoughts. But on the other hand maybe I shouldn't bring it up just in case it works out in my favor.

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just wanted to pose a queation regarding the difference between a confirmation number that I received in an email after paying the "Want In" fee of $250 and the reservation number that I'm waiting for since I've gone "All In."

I've seen quite a few numbers being posted as a forum member signature as well as a few that are quoting numbers that are wildly out of sequence, in some cases by several thousand numbers.

I know that EM is responding to payment on a periodic basis and that the next anticipated notification for "All In" payments of $1k should be sent around October 1st but what I really wanted to inquire about was to confirm that there is a difference between the two emails with two different types of numbers.

I'm thinking that my "Want In" number of #100033311 is only a confirmation number for my $250 payment and the fans that have gone "All In" at $1k will actually get a reservation number once the payment has been confirmed. I understand that this number doesn't constitute any contractural obiligation by EM to actually sell me a vehicle, but simply represents a potential place in line.

Can anyone clarify my understanding of the number process?

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know that EM is responding to payment on a periodic basis and that the next anticipated notification for "All In" payments of $1k should be sent around October 1st but what I really wanted to inquire about was to confirm that there is a difference between the two emails with two different types of numbers.

You are correct, your reservation number should be in the low 10,000's since that is the highest number we've seen released as of yet.

And I believe they said the next release of numbers will be in the last week of October, not October 1st.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What Comptrex said. The latest reservation #'s were just release last week. They are only released every 6-8 weeks, so it will probably be November before the next batch is sent out. And yes, the numbers had a wide range (somewhere in the 3000 range I think).

Top Bottom