• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

General Reservation Questions And Comments

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind, we may get nothing. The last financials I heard was that they had 47million, but need 200 million to reach production. We may just end up with a $100 shirt/bumper sticker. I really hope they succeed though for many more reasons beyond my selfish desires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind, we may get nothing. The last financials I heard was that they had 47million, but need 200 million to reach production. We may just end up with a $100 shirt/bumper sticker. I really hope they succeed though for many more reasons beyond my selfish desires.

Why the magic 200 million number? From what I've heard they have secured a lease on the space and the equipment but only have to hire a production crew for the factory.

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Obama should give them a grant of the other $153 million to get this into production. Some people would say that giving them a grant is wrong but the overall benefit to the tax payers would be well worth the money. I think that there is around 138 million taxpayers in the US, this grant would then cost each taxpayer around $1.10. I would be all in for that, that would make me all in for $1001.10. MY tax money would be well spent if it only cost me $1.10 to help get this into production. I have already sent a letter to Obama to try and get his support, hopefully everyone can send him a letter asking for his support of Elio.​

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Obama should give them a grant of the other $153 million to get this into production. Some people would say that giving them a grant is wrong but the overall benefit to the tax payers would be well worth the money. I think that there is around 138 million taxpayers in the US, this grant would then cost each taxpayer around $1.10. I would be all in for that, that would make me all in for $1001.10. MY tax money would be well spent if it only cost me $1.10 to help get this into production. I have already sent a letter to Obama to try and get his support, hopefully everyone can send him a letter asking for his support of Elio.​

If he wants to be known for promoting green cars, this would be a good way to do it. But I'm worried that govt. grants have strings attached.....

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If he wants to be known for promoting green cars, this would be a good way to do it. But I'm worried that govt. grants have strings attached.....
You are right there is always Strings Attached. It would be nice if there wasn't any attached in this case, maybe they could trade him $153 million for the first Elio off the line, I think that would be fair enough.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why the magic 200 million number? From what I've heard they have secured a lease on the space and the equipment but only have to hire a production crew for the factory.
200 million will cover continuing lease payments, parts purchases, supply purchases, marketing/ advertising costs, current/ future labor costs, preproduction crash testing, preproduction prep, etc. etc. The list is endless. They have to purchase additional equipment to supplement the equipment that is already available. Reevaluate and put together a functional plant that will fit their specific needs. They are probably going through multimillions weekly to get this thing off the ground.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I think Paul Elio is doing just fine. I also think government should keep their dirty hands out of business and let capitalism fend for it self. Our economy would be better off for it. The market should decide if this is a successful product not our government. MHO.

Buddy Hatfield

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not sure why Elio sent me a message to go here to get my Reservation number, I thought the sent it to E-Mail. I just went up graded $1,000 non-server to day, 3/10/14

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure why Elio sent me a message to go here to get my Reservation number, I thought the sent it to E-Mail. I just went up graded $1,000 non-server to day, 3/10/14
Hi Buddy, I'm not sure why Elio would send you here either. You might go back to their website and check your account. If I understand correctly, this group is not part of Elio Motors other than by the fact that we all want an Elio. Also, what do you mean by a non-server. They usually designate you as "I want in" which is refundable, or "I'm all in" which gets you a number with the $1,000. I placed my "all in" $100 on 3/1 and checked my account this evening. It says my order is complete and I am hoping that means my bumper sticker and t-shirt are on their way. I also checked my bank account and the money came out of it soon after I placed my order. I am looking forward to making the first upgrade of my position as soon as I save up the necessary $400.

In the mean time, enjoy the group. It can be very interesting and also addicting. LOL Welcome! :-) Z

Top Bottom