• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Geo Metro/ Canadian Swift Engine

Who else would like to see the Geo Metro 3 cylinder rather than some exotic junky Eurupean motor

• I would choose the Geo Metro engine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not convinced that troll status is merited in this case. He clearly has ample passion, but is lacking information. I agree with CrimsonEclipse - that is one poorly crafted poll.
He's correct; we did talk to him and found he was well behind on information; we did bring him up to speed.
At most, I might remove the poll, but that's it.

Danny Williams

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A better choice than the Geo, would be a Insight G1 without the IMA stuff.
Very efficient, easy to maintain the engine fluids, etc. and GREAT mileage.
(But I'm bias. Over 376K miles and lifetime average of 58 mpg., 50 mpg at 80 mph.)
To give Geo credit, I am using one of their turbos.)

Or a Triumph Rocket III engine. I got 40 - 42 MPG cruising on my Rocket III at 85 MPH. 150 horses might work pretty good in the elio.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My research is in my life experience and knowledge attained in it. I can get 38 mpg on this junk fuel everyday in my 205,000 mile Metro ( Motors never been opened ). I saw a guy redesign the cab of a Metro to a fuslodge like cab like the Eleo . He got 65 mpg hwy. And could hypermill and get 70 + MPG. I got 43 Hwy in my regular Metro before they degraded the gasoline here in the states , or at least the south east. I can go 85 mph top speed any day of the week in said Geo. That means my half worn out motor would push the Eleo 100 mph I'm sure with its superior aerodynamics and 1200 lbs compared to my 4 wheel 2200 lbs. Metro . And I bet it would deliver 80 + MPG. or a real world 70 mpg with a fresh efficient motor. And a test drive by a utube automotive celeb. Chris Fix said the Metro powered Eleo he was driving accelerated quite satisfactory to his surprise. No, The reason they don't want you to have a Metro 3 in an Eleo is You would never need another Elio, or mechanic after that . I would rather get 65 + MPG hwy and 40 mpg city in any situation and have a car that goes and goes and goes with typical maint. And I could do my own wrenching any day on a car like that . Just my life experience speaking
If you buy an Elio, at $6800 you could afford to replace your Elio engine with a Geo engine. However after you try out the Elio engine you just might like it as much or more!

Top Bottom