• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You seem to be very familiar with Mosin Nagants. I have one, but don't know much about them. From what I understand, they started producing them in 1892. Mine was made in 1894, so an early, made in Russia example. It still shoots, and holds very tight, accurate patterns. Anything else I should know about it? Maybe an estimate on the value?:D

View attachment 8335 View attachment 8336
Some members here were kind enough to let me know I may have had a rare rifle. I sold it on gunbrokers.com to a collector in PA. He let me know a lot more about it, so I thought I would post that info. here in case anyone would like to see it.

"Here is the scoop as we know it after taking the Chatellerault apart. Model 1891 French made Chatellerault for Russia German WW1 reich cartouche stamped over top of Russian cartouche on stock butt Finland Finnish capture markings on barrel/receiver Tang and barrel match with 1894 date and Chatellerault stamp. There are also Chatellerault stamps on the trigger and rear sight The receiver and bolt are Finn matching which u do want to see on a Finn capture rifle. The rear barrel band is a rare sestroryetsk stamped band the front barrel band is a Tula stamped band. The sling straps appear to be original. Overall the rifle is in superb condition especially considering it is now a 122year old antique yet fireable rifle. We know for sure it has spent time in France Russia Germany Finland and now the US. Your were the lucky owner for a period of about 25 years and now it will stay in our family indefinitely!! Without a doubt an extremely rare rifle and likely worth well over 1000.00 maybe close to 1500.00 in this condition with all those markings. Also we could find absolutely no import markings whatsoever anywhere on the rifle which means two things. It was likely a soldier bring back probably after ww2 and since there r no import markings it enhances greatly the overall value which is why I said maybe up to 1500.00. The value does not matter however as we will never sell this piece of history. We now have over 30 mosins of various types but this is easily the rarest of them all. We r extremely pleased and proud to have it be the crown of our collection!!
Hope u enjoyed reading all this. If we ever somehow find out anymore I will definitely let u know."

Top Bottom