• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bull's-eye, got it. And that was blowing out his backstop? I'd question that range.
The one in Portland will only allow you to use their loads; so you don't blow out their backstop.
The pricing is very reasonable, but if they catch you using your own ammo, you're outta there.
I saw it happen twice; guys though they'd test the backstop and used hot loads.
Bingo; out the door, pictures posted on entrance and counter "not allowed' list.
So most people just head up to the mountains and shoot for free. (mountains are only 20 minutes away)
I wish I were so lucky to have a natural backstop to shoot so close by.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had it not been snowing so much today O had planned on going out back taking a few shots at 500 yards and 800 yards . That out ways anything a city has to offer. Visibility was less than a 1/4 mile so it would not have been a good day to do it. New rifle will just have to sit a day or so.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I live in a very small valley between two good size ridges.
I've got people just across the creek shooting pistols 50 yards away.
At the other end of the street, I've got a guy bench shooting everything imaginable.
Including an AR-15 with a bump-fire stock. We're about 200 yards from the city line sign.

The guy with the bench is just shy of 100 yards away.
Our little town has the title of the fireworks capitol of the world.
You get used to the guns and the frequent backyard fireworks at all hours.

That and my area loves it's motorcycles. I worked overnights for years.
You quickly get to the point where you sleep right through it all.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Had it not been snowing so much today O had planned on going out back taking a few shots at 500 yards and 800 yards . That out ways anything a city has to offer. Visibility was less than a 1/4 mile so it would not have been a good day to do it. New rifle will just have to sit a day or so.

it would really be nice to have access to a range where such long shots were possible .... around here a bit over 100 yards is about as long of a range you can find

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How about when you're in North Dakota?

South Dakota !!! ... they sure have some wide open spaces, in many places you can see for miles in any direction .... the reality is, the land out there is either farmed or ranched .... most farmers and ranchers aren't very interested in having people in their planted fields or pastures where they have cattle or horses

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
South Dakota !!! ... they sure have some wide open spaces, in many places you can see for miles in any direction .... the reality is, the land out there is either farmed or ranched .... most farmers and ranchers aren't very interested in having people in their planted fields or pastures where they have cattle or horses
Geezz Sorry; South Dakota. Hmm that's why I liked Montana, lots of places to go "play"

Top Bottom