• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like something that would have a rough time going through leather, or a wool-lined denim jacket, while still maintaining enough force to cause a debilitating wound. Would love to see some ballistic data comparing them to JHPs and FMJs.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like something that would have a rough time going through leather, or a wool-lined denim jacket, while still maintaining enough force to cause a debilitating wound. Would love to see some ballistic data comparing them to JHPs and FMJs.
I would love to hear a defense attorney rebut a prosecution argument that "the choice of these bullets show that the defendant not only wanted to defend himself but also wanted to cause the maximum amount of pain and suffering to whomever he shot". I realize that it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 but geeze........ Italics just showed up for some reason

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would love to hear a defense attorney rebut a prosecution argument that "the choice of these bullets show that the defendant not only wanted to defend himself but also wanted to cause the maximum amount of pain and suffering to whomever he shot". I realize that it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 but geeze........ Italics just showed up for some reason

My concern wasn't about whether or not the rounds would cause "pain and suffering", but whether or not they would stop an assailant. If a couple layers of heavy cloth can foul up these bullets to the point that they barely wound the target, then I'd hate to bet my life on them (or spend the premium cost for these "cool looking" bullets). I was just saying I'd want to research their ballistic performance before using them.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
KSG.jpg
Two words. "Double Tap". If I ever HAD to shoot an intruder. they would not live to sue. That's just self preservation in today's legal world. I know that sounds cruel, but I won't be sued because someone was wounded breaking into my house, and lived to hire a lawyer.

Intruder?
13 x Magnum buckshot.
(or 15 x 2 3/4")

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
all of this is good info but its wandering away from the intent of the thread and its easy to see that its wandering in the direction of political commentary as well as into areas that engender controversy and not discussion ....lets move back into discussion of various firearms

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's entirely up to you, but I sure wouldn't want that statement on the internet just "dying" to come back and haunt...
In the remote and unfortunate chance that anything like you've just described would ever happen.
Leaving this post up sure doesn't seem like effective legal self preservation to me.

The thread's getting a little dicey and seems headed in a dark direction anyway.
Maybe we should steer the path back away from that specific topic.
So true. It's gone. Sometimes I forget I'm not just talking to friends here. Thanks for reminding me.

Top Bottom