• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Uncle Charlie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
insane indeed .... I can't help but be amazed that there would be enough demand for Rossi to put it on the market .... can't help but wonder if its really legal or not ???

He's a canuck, and Canada has its' own rules about guns. At one point he said there are only 5 of those guns in existence and they were created under an unusual set of circumstances, and then didn't go into a great amount of detail about the circumstances. It sounded like it wasn't really Rossi that made the gun, rather that Rossi made a standard long gun and someone else modified it.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also, FPSRussia is an american dude living in Georgia, using a put-on Russian accent. It's just his online character. He has some unique connections that let him get hands on some cool guns, so he makes fun videos for the internet.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or opinion with/on one of these? I found this after reading JEBar's article.
I may have a chance to pick this up tomorrow morning from a reputable gun shop, but it's a pretty long drive.
I'm pretty sure in my state of PA only SAOs are permitted for hunting.

Hawes Western Marshall - .357 mag. 6.5" barrel, fixed sights, SAO, wood grips, no box, 6-shot. $225

gun_hawes.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
during the '50's to early '70's they were mid range quality firearms , cheaply made in Germany while the German market was undervalued ... the biggest knock on them that I've heard is Hawes revolvers did not have a hammer block .... therefore often fired unintentionally if the chamber beneath the hammer was loaded and the hammer suffered an impact .... they were sued for this lack of a safety feature many times, and stopped importing firearms into America as a result.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
during the '50's to early '70's they were mid range quality firearms , cheaply made in Germany while the German market was undervalued ... the biggest knock on them that I've heard is Hawes revolvers did not have a hammer block .... therefore often fired unintentionally if the chamber beneath the hammer was loaded and the hammer suffered an impact .... they were sued for this lack of a safety feature many times, and stopped importing firearms into America as a result.
Thanks JEBar.
I don't have any issue with loading 1-0-1111 for carrying. It's to be expected with the older 1873 style.
As a matter of fact, I even like the idea of no hammer block for the authenticity.
I figure that I can carry this along with a rifle in deer season.

It should serve as a little bit of bear repellent when hiking...
And I should be able to shoot .38 specials all day long without breaking the bank or my hand.
Currently the biggest bore I've got in a pistol is 9mm. So like the article says, this will serve a number of purposes.

If the thing is in decent shape and the barrel's not shot out, it seems like a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep. There are brush guns and brush cartridges.
I got a nice eight point on the run by unintentionally shooting through a 4+" diameter birch tree.
The tall birch exploded from the impact of the 200 grain silver tip and the bullet stayed true all the way to the sweet spot.

Felled the tree where it stood and the deer ran 35 yards and dropped.

The 35 Remington silver tips were killers out of my 336C Marlin, but they had a tendency to fragment on bone.

You're going to love this video.

Last edited:

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks JEBar.
I don't have any issue with loading 1-0-1111 for carrying. It's to be expected with the older 1873 style.
As a matter of fact, I even like the idea of no hammer block for the authenticity.
I figure that I can carry this along with a rifle in deer season.

It should serve as a little bit of bear repellent when hiking...
And I should be able to shoot .38 specials all day long without breaking the bank or my hand.
Currently the biggest bore I've got in a pistol is 9mm. So like the article says, this will serve a number of purposes.

If the thing is in decent shape and the barrel's not shot out, it seems like a pretty good deal.
I haven't done any research, but I can't imagine a .38 Special would do much to a bear.

Top Bottom