• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PA is just starting to come out of the dark ages this year.

"Semi-automatic and air- and gas-powered rifles will be permitted in the hunting of small game for the 2017-2018 hunting season."

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/2017/03/28/semi-automatics-approved-some-pa-hunting/99588248/

I'm thrilled. I'll be able to take my Marlin 795 out and actually put it to good use this year.

They're still working on whether or not to legalize semi-auto rifles for big game in the future. It's coming.

Governor Wolf signed a law that permitted semi-auto rifles and pistols across the board for all game last year...
But left the details and regulations up to the game commission. The game commissioners voted against allowing semi-autos for big game.

We were already allowed to use semi-auto shotguns for waterfowl and small game, but those have to be plugged to a three-shot capacity.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Left to Right....
Taurus 4" Model 44 Tracker DA/SA 5-shot .44 magnum $410.59
Taurus 4" Model 627 Tracker DA/SA 7-shot .357 magnum $422.35

$9.99 handling on each + tax.
The shop covered my background check fee.

This local shop's website is more extensive and has better prices than any other site I've seen online.
They'll drop ship to your FFA. If on the off chance you can't find something on their site, call them.
They deal with a number of different wholesalers.

http://patacticalfirearms.com/

taurus_revolvers.jpg

Last edited:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got 1/2 way through this article before I realized it was BS! :twitch: Never heard of the website before, but definitely meant for US Military Service members. Pretty funny, and "gun related"! Semper Modestis!! :D

http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/06/uss-gabrielle-giffords-christened-gun-free/

Nothing funny about ridiculing a woman who was shot in the head while trying to serve her country.
I just wish someone had of been packing some serious heat so she could have been defended. I don't agree with her politics.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing funny about ridiculing a woman who was shot in the head while trying to serve her country.
I just wish someone had of been packing some serious heat so she could have been defended. I don't agree with her politics.

Point taken, and agreed with.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Marine Corps Will Likely Adopt Army 5.56 Rifle Round, General Says
TOPICS:AmmunitionBattle RifleEquipmentMarine Corps
M855A1-900.jpg
The M855A1 Enhanced Performance Round (Photo Credit: U.S. Army Photo)

POSTED BY: HOPE HODGE SECK JUNE 6, 2017

After repeated urgings from Congress to move to a common rifle round with the Army, Marine Corps officials told lawmakers Tuesday that they’re getting close to being able to do so.

The Marine Corps continues to use M855 ammo for their M16A4 and M4 5.56mm service rifles, instead of the M855A1 Enhanced Performance Round the Army uses for its rifles.

The problem, Marine officials have said, is that the newer round causes problems with the Marines’ M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle, with tests indicating use of the round with the IAR results in reliability and durability issues.

But the Marines recently took a step that indicates the service is becoming more comfortable with the Army round. Lt. Gen. Robert Walsh, commander of Marine Corps Combat Development Command, told members of the Senate Armed Services Committee that the Corps had sent the Army round to Helmand province, Afghanistan with a 300-Marine advisory element that deployed in April.

“The good news with that round … specifically the Army 855A1, is much better at penetrating armor,” Walsh said. “So that’s a good reason to go with that.”

Walsh said the Marines are also looking at the possibility of going with a U.S. Special Operations Command round, the MK 318, which offers better accuracy than the M855 round. The Marine Corps has used the SOCOM round in various capacities since officials scrapped plans to field the M855A1 round in late 2009.

Testing of the M55A1 round at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland was expanded to include the M27 and M16A4 rifles last March, Military.com reported in December. And that testing effort is now expected to wrap up next month, Brig. Gen. Joseph Shrader, commander of Marine Corps Systems Command, told the panel.

The testing examines performance, stopping power, effect on the durability of the weapons, and the impact of the flatter trajectory of the M855A1 round compared to the M855, which may require adjustments to Marine Corps range training and safety measures.

“Those four areas are what we’re looking at for testing to inform us to make a decision for how we go forward,” he said.

Maintaining separate caches of rifle ammunition for the Army and Marine Corps engenders waste and inefficiency, as lawmakers have repeatedly complained to the services. In the 2017 defense budget bill, Congress once again pushed for a common round, asking the secretary of defense to produce a report explaining why the different rounds were still being used.

But that may not be the case for much longer.

“We’re working through reliability things in testing, but we will make some adjustments from that, and I think in the end our Marines will have a much better capability when we’re done with it,” Walsh said.

Related

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got my magnum cylinder in the mail today for my little 6.5" Heritage Rough Rider.
I'd forgotten that I sent for it weeks ago. Feels like Christmas!

BTW, The Rough Rider is on sale for a limited time.
$116.47 at the shop I go to. You can be order it online at the link.
I absolutely recommend this pretty little gun. Worth far more than the price.
http://patacticalfirearms.com/produ...er-22lr-65-6rd-cocobolo-wood-grip-blue-finish

Same gun with both cylinders: $147.06 At the bottom of the page @ the same link.

Uncle Mike's Sidekick Holster Size 9 is extremely well padded and is a perfect fit for the RR .22 cal 6.5".

Last edited:
Top Bottom