• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's lots of clues that point to it. Like the fact that neither tree was damaged by the supposed door blowing through them. Or the flight path of that giant chunk. Or that it didn't tumble while spinning. etc. etc.

That's not to say that tannerite isn't dangerous. It most certainly is. That video, however, is as genuine as a $7 bill.

Going to have to agree to disagree on that. Lots of leaves and small limbs all over the ground when the "alleged" door flew by. Agree that the trajectory of the door is strangely straight, but if it's a fake, the CGI "artist" did one heck of a job! If nothing else, it's a good example of what not to do! ;)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We did our "stupid stuff" at a friend's quarry [Yep! His family owns an old quarry!], and I stand corrected, it wasn't tannerite according to my friend when I brought up the subject yesterday, it was some kind of plastic jar of aluminum powder and another substance that you mix together [Don't recall the name of the "kit", but not sold anymore...super friggin' dangerous!]. Anyway, turned a half dozen oak pallets into toothpicks in a split second. Plenty of cover with literally tons of VW bug size limestone boulders all around, but it had to be heard for miles. Shocking really that "anybody" could buy that kind of stuff legally...[back in the day].

As for the "varmint", I've got a Gamo Whisper for the destructive little pests [squirrels being my bane].
According to the information I found, Tannerite's basic ingredients are aluminum and rust. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The whisper would work a whole lot better in my residential area. I'll look into it.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to the information I found, Tannerite's basic ingredients are aluminum and rust. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The whisper would work a whole lot better in my residential area. I'll look into it.

Hmmm...maybe it was Tannerite after all. BIG boom for sure!
I'll have to check which model Gamo I have, but I know it's 1400fps. I gets the pellet there in a hurry!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm...maybe it was Tannerite after all. BIG boom for sure!
I'll have to check which model Gamo I have, but I know it's 1400fps. I gets the pellet there in a hurry!
Please do. The stoutest .22 whisper model I was able to find had a muzzle velocity of 1050.
That's still great for a pellet gun since the average 40gr. 22LR's is 1050.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely a bit "warm" :rolleyes: yesterday! It might have been my imagination, but it seemed everybody was shooting pretty good though! Definitely like the mods you had done to your shotgun. Got me thinking about getting another barrel and sending it up to MI to have a Mag-Na-Port job done on it, not sure how my camo covering would hold up around the ports on my stock barrel. Dustin [son] had a blast [pun intended]. He's been working so much lately he really needed to get out and do something he hasn't had a chance to do in quite awhile. Thanks for the round of trap, and especially the awesome steaks! Have a safe trip home, and hopefully Cindy doesn't give you any problems! Until next year! :tea:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please do. The stoutest .22 whisper model I was able to find had a muzzle velocity of 1050.
That's still great for a pellet gun since the average 40gr. 22LR's is 1050.

I'll pull it out tonight and get the specifics. My old gun was a .22cal Benjamin Sheridan model 397. VERY good for dropping garden pests, but my eyesight isn't what it used to be so I went with the Gamo after doing some research. It came with an "okay" scope mounted to it, but I'm thinking of going with a lower power since the longest shot in my back yard is only about 110'.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jim - Watching the storm track of Cindy and it is indeed right along your route home. Be extra careful on the way to NC! Looks like it's going to be a wet one all the way there!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jim - Watching the storm track of Cindy and it is indeed right along your route home. Be extra careful on the way to NC! Looks like it's going to be a wet one all the way there!

we are setup in Clarksville, TN .... setting up in the rain is nothing new for us; that said, it is seldom (read that almost never :confused: ) fun .... the pictures below were taken looking outside the camper's door .... the interesting :rolleyes: thing is, this rain isn't actually part of Cindy .... they say the real rain will move in sometime tomorrow .... just hope we can get packed up and in the truck before that happens

Attachments

• 170622 001 heavy rain 001.jpg
    170622 001 heavy rain 001.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 170622 001 heavy rain 003.jpg
    170622 001 heavy rain 003.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 190
Top Bottom