• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I need some help.
I'm building a model sailboat, and the keel needs 1 1/2 pounds of lead shot (old Kit)
#8 or 9
In the back of my small brain I don't think they use lead anymore.
Any suggestions?
Buy shotgun shells and Cut 'em open"
Ball bearings?
do you think the density of steel balls approaches that of lead?
thanks for your help

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I need some help.
I'm building a model sailboat, and the keel needs 1 1/2 pounds of lead shot (old Kit)
#8 or 9
In the back of my small brain I don't think they use lead anymore.
Any suggestions?
Buy shotgun shells and Cut 'em open"
Ball bearings?
do you think the density of steel balls approaches that of lead?
thanks for your help

Go to les schwab tire and get a couple pounds of old wheel weights, they will usually give them away, then cut and shape to your needs.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Go to les schwab tire and get a couple pounds of old wheel weights, they will usually give them away, then cut and shape to your needs.
ty
need very small pieces the form is about 2 " x 4" for each half -set in the form with epoxy, trying to keep away from lead as much as possibe- now that i've acquired some wisdom I. try to stay away from lead-my pop died mesothelioma (shipyards WW2 asbestos)
I cut drywall, and spackle that had crap, used lead paint, mixed asbestos for pipe joints, used lead in soldering, lifted wrong ( and now by back reminds me daily)- did the cancer thing-lymphoma, odds were better than meso (zero recovery).
Sorry stream of unconscious ramblings.

t00

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ty
need very small pieces the form is about 2 " x 4" for each half -set in the form with epoxy, trying to keep away from lead as much as possibe- now that i've acquired some wisdom I. try to stay away from lead-my pop died mesothelioma (shipyards WW2 asbestos)
I cut drywall, and spackle that had crap, used lead paint, mixed asbestos for pipe joints, used lead in soldering, lifted wrong ( and now by back reminds me daily)- did the cancer thing-lymphoma, odds were better than meso (zero recovery).
Sorry stream of unconscious ramblings.

t00

Here ya go, RU! ;)

http://www.ecotungsten.com/shots.html

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wanted to get some opinions on recoil pads. I'm shooting a Remmington 870 Express 12ga. Might do some dove hunting, but mainly used for trap [with JEBar and friends]. After the third round my shoulder is getting pretty raw from the stock recoil pad, so the last round is definitely less fun than the first three. Jim had some extensive work done to his barrel and stock and is working great on his 1187, but I'm pretty sure the Magna-porting would destroy the camo coating on my barrel. I've read some reviews on Limbsaver and Supercell, but the reviews are all over the place...thought I'd get some input from you guys.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've found reduction in felt recoil to be best served by a series of mods .... Kick-eez recoil pad (would have to do some checking as to which model), mercury recoil suppressor, hone forcing cone .... concern on having it Mag-na-ported is understood .... I'd call them for advice .... they are extremely knowledgeable and I'd trust whatever advice they give

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom