• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks JEBar.

I've shot .22 LRs in the back yard and the RR is balanced and accurate!
And I finally joined one of our many local shooting clubs.

Strangest thing... You can only load one cartridge at a time on most of their ranges.

As I remember it, they may have one "rapid fire" pistol range...
Meaning more than one cartridge loaded @ a time (not full auto).

But the upside is that they do have skeet, archery w' "stand" scaffolding and an indoor pistol/.22 long gun range.
And (sweet) a rifle range with distances out to 500 meters. Along with other ranges and catch and release ponds.

You get a digital key for 24/7 access. With no range fees. That's huge.
Also huge: Annual Dues... $55 for the first year plus $20 initiation fee plus $10 key deposit.
After the first year... $30 a year. AND... If you're over 65 and have been a member IGS for 5 year, it's free for life.

This club limits the active senior (over 18) membership to 350 people!

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Strangest thing... You can only load one cartridge at a time on most of their ranges.

As I remember it, they may have one "rapid fire" pistol range...
Meaning more than one cartridge loaded @ a time (not full auto).

strange indeed .... I understand not being able to load more than one round on trap and other such shotgun courses but not rifle and pistol ranges

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
strange indeed .... I understand not being able to load more than one round on trap and other such shotgun courses but not rifle and pistol ranges
Yeah, I think that makes it pretty hard to know if a semi-auto long gun will run reliably. :confused:

The person that did our orientation went over a lot of material quickly and I (duh) didn't think to take notes.
We weren't given a hard copy version of the range rules, so I'll have to try to catch that person again sometime.
This time with a notebook. I plan to then offer them a word file so subsequent new members can have a copy to keep.

We were given a small handbook, but it doesn't have the details for each range in it.

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny, but fake.

As opposed to this guy, who actually lost his leg from shooting a riding lawnmower filled with tannerite.

Don't know. Looked pretty real after watching it roll back and forth a few times. We lit up a 1lb. container of tannerite some years back sitting on a stack of oak pallets from probably 200 yds back. Glad we weren't any closer than that! :eek: Dangerous stuff!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't know. Looked pretty real after watching it roll back and forth a few times. We lit up a 1lb. container of tannerite some years back sitting on a stack of oak pallets from probably 200 yds back. Glad we weren't any closer than that! :eek: Dangerous stuff!
Yep. I wouldn't take that recommendation of the sheriff. 1lb. at a 100 yards is way to much.
If I were the sheriff, I'd be worried about the liability of making that statement and having it out there.
I've seen too many online videos where stupid people have escaped having their heads taken off by inches.
And many of those people were using 1lb or less @ 100yrds or more.

I think it all depends on how it's packed and the type of shrapnel it has the opportunity to throw.

That said, I just discovered that I have a ground hog den under my front porch.
Man am I miffed. Time to put that new .22 magnum cylinder to work eh?

Naw... All I've got for it is Winchester Varmint .22 WMR 30 Grain Polymer Tip V-Max.
At 2250 fps and 336 fp, it's probably a little too hot for the yard.
.22 LR HP it is. I just found out my neighbor has one under his shed out back.

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's lots of clues that point to it. Like the fact that neither tree was damaged by the supposed door blowing through them. Or the flight path of that giant chunk. Or that it didn't tumble while spinning. etc. etc.

That's not to say that tannerite isn't dangerous. It most certainly is. That video, however, is as genuine as a $7 bill.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep. I wouldn't take that recommendation of the sheriff. 1lb. at a 100 yards is way to much.
If I were the sheriff, I'd be worried about the liability of making that statement and having it out there.
I've seen too many online videos where stupid people have escaped having their heads taken off by inches.
And many of those people were using 1lb or less @ 100yrds or more.

I think it all depends on how it's packed and the type of shrapnel it has the opportunity to throw.

That said, I just discovered that I have a ground hog den under my front porch.
Man am I miffed. Time to put that new .22 magnum cylinder to work eh?

Naw... All I've got for it is Winchester Varmint .22 WMR 30 Grain Polymer Tip V-Max.
At 2250 fps and 336 fp, it's probably a little too hot for the yard.
.22 LR HP it is. I just found out my neighbor has one under his shed out back.

We did our "stupid stuff" at a friend's quarry [Yep! His family owns an old quarry!], and I stand corrected, it wasn't tannerite according to my friend when I brought up the subject yesterday, it was some kind of plastic jar of aluminum powder and another substance that you mix together [Don't recall the name of the "kit", but not sold anymore...super friggin' dangerous!]. Anyway, turned a half dozen oak pallets into toothpicks in a split second. Plenty of cover with literally tons of VW bug size limestone boulders all around, but it had to be heard for miles. Shocking really that "anybody" could buy that kind of stuff legally...[back in the day].

As for the "varmint", I've got a Gamo Whisper for the destructive little pests [squirrels being my bane].

Top Bottom