• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Macadamean

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Been a while since I bought an additional firearm, but I needed a hunting rifle that was a bit lighter than my RPR. Decided on 6.5 Creedmoor again. Alabama gun season starts this weekend! Also got a new Buck knife.

rugeramericanrifle.jpg
buckknife192.jpg

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ruger Precision Rimfire .22LR. Little bother to the RPR center fire. I picked one up . Not a lot of range hunting and out of respect for those I allow to hunt here I don't use the range. Before the Normal Deer hunt open I did get a little time in with it. 200 yards is good to go 300 yards should be possible. The bolt through has two options 11/2 inch like a .22 or 3 inch to copy the center fire only takes a few seconds to convert. It feels a lot like my RPR. 2.5 to 5 pound adjustable trigger. Come with a 30 MOA rail, you can put a 0 MOA on for short distance shooting.

Dreamsinger

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Just finished an AR build in Wilson Combat's new 300 HAM'R round. .223 based, light weight, soft recoil, exceeds 30-30 performance and delivers sub-moa accuracy. I'm too cheap to buy their factory ammo but converting .223 brass is a slam dunk and Speer 125gr TNT's are dirt cheap and deadly accurate.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just finished an AR build in Wilson Combat's new 300 HAM'R round. .223 based, light weight, soft recoil, exceeds 30-30 performance and delivers sub-moa accuracy. I'm too cheap to buy their factory ammo but converting .223 brass is a slam dunk and Speer 125gr TNT's are dirt cheap and deadly accurate.
I've been interested in this cartridge since I watched the videos released by Wilson Combat. After first I wasn't interested, but it looks really fantastic after watching/reading more.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just remember this before you buy or sell any guns or ammo on this site:
"a firm disclaimer that all transactions must be in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws"

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Feds will never know if I have arms or not. "Well regulated" in the Constitution is more closely thought of as STANDARDIZED in today's usage. What we call "regulation" today was inconceivable to our founders. The difference is profound. In it's original meaning, it meant to make standard which made interchangeability among the Militia (every male over 15) easier while modern usage would make restrictions and limitations on the rights the Constitution acknowledged were endowed by the creator as inaliable.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A new bill introduced in the Oregon state legislature would:
1. ban magazines holding more than 5 rounds and guns that can accept larger capacity magazines.
2. Limit ammo purchases to 20 rounds a month.
3. Provide no grandfather provisions for keeping any of the banned items.

The limit on ammo purchases is interesting. If you rank firearms use by how much ammo the various uses consume I think you would come up with the following.

1. Target shooting. Most of the ammo fired is expended in target shooting of various kinds.
2. Subsistance hunting. Many people provide much of the meat that they and their family eats by hunting and some types of hunting consume more ammo than others.
3. Sport hunters
4. Trophy hunters.
5. Mass shootings. If you exclude the Las Vegas incident the most shots fired by a mass shooter was just under 400 and the average was under 20. This is a small number and made smaller by the fact that mass shootings end in the death or incarceration of the shooter so are a once in a lifetime thing.
6. Robberies and murders. Most robberies don't involve shootings and most murders are committed as a crime of passion or anger and so most murderers are not repeat offenders.
7. Suicide.

The interesting thing about the above is that the people most affected by a 20 round per month limit would be target shooters. A group that is accepted by almost everyone. Subsistance hunters are given a pass by many who are against hunting for sport or trophy. Someone who shoots deer and does not expend a lot of ammo sighting in their rifle might not notice a 20 round limit but someone who hunts rabbits, squirrels, ducks, doves and the like certainly would. Trophy hunters might only fire one months ammo allotment in a whole year. The remaining categories are condemned by everyone but they would be least affected by a 20 round limit.
The other categories could continue without being hindered much by the limit. Of course
criminals would ignore the law so it would only affect people in the first categories and especially those who live miles from the nearest store that sells ammo.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't think of any ammunition manufacturer that sells boxes less than 50 a box, unless you purchase some of the self defense ammunition.

WA has a few bills going through right now...

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...zine-ban-firearm-seizure-bills-pass-committee

During the executive session on February 1st, the Washington state House Committee on Civil Rights & Judiciary voted to pass House Bill 1068 to ban many standard capacity ammunition magazines and House Bill 1225 for firearm seizures without due process. These two bills will now go to the House floor for further consideration. Please contact your state Representatives and urge them to OPPOSE House Bills 1068 & 1225. Click the “Take Action” button to contact your state Representatives.

Top Bottom