• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
so far, this is a good discussion ....I hope we can keep it that way .... just remember, no and I mean NO political commentary

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem is, I have a SW, 6904 I believe, that I use for work. The manufactured standard clip capacity is 13 rounds, one in the chamber. This is a double stacked mag, and is entirely within the grip. The "10 round magazine" limit cannot physically be accomplished. Even worse, in NY you can only load 6 rounds. The magazine is made to interchange with the Marlin camp 9 carbine. Modification to the magazine is not an option. In NJ, I have to unload and reload with solid points, then change back to hollow points entering NY. All a bunch of nonsense. Some of us require these for work, and we are never exempted from these ridiculous laws.

I think you mean magazine. :p

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Buck Knives Alpha Crosslock Knife Black

many if not most of us who have hunted and cleaned big game animals have come to value a solid blade with a gut hook .... we've also learned that to thoroughly clean a folding skinning knife can take a good bit of effort .... with those realities in mind, I'm pretty sure I've found the next blade to add to my collection .... specifically a Buck Knives Alpha Crosslock Knife Black (link below) .... its most certainly not a fancy knife but the bottom line for me is, its a Buck that's specially designed for the use I have in mind ....

https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-...uck+183+alpha+crosslock+knife#customerReviews

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Buck Knives Alpha Crosslock Knife Black

many if not most of us who have hunted and cleaned big game animals have come to value a solid blade with a gut hook .... we've also learned that to thoroughly clean a folding skinning knife can take a good bit of effort .... with those realities in mind, I'm pretty sure I've found the next blade to add to my collection .... specifically a Buck Knives Alpha Crosslock Knife Black (link below) .... its most certainly not a fancy knife but the bottom line for me is, its a Buck that's specially designed for the use I have in mind ....

https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-...uck+183+alpha+crosslock+knife#customerReviews
This is a gun thread, not a knife thread! :p

I do enjoy watching some Blade HQ videos. So many purdy knifes I wish I could afford.

Rich Medon

Reaction score
Problem is, I have a SW, 6904 I believe, that I use for work. The manufactured standard clip capacity is 13 rounds, one in the chamber. This is a double stacked mag, and is entirely within the grip. The "10 round magazine" limit cannot physically be accomplished. Even worse, in NY you can only load 6 rounds. The magazine is made to interchange with the Marlin camp 9 carbine. Modification to the magazine is not an option. In NJ, I have to unload and reload with solid points, then change back to hollow points entering NY. All a bunch of nonsense. Some of us require these for work, and we are never exempted from these ridiculous laws.
I carried a 6904 for a number of years. It was a nice shooting gun as long as you performed monthly PMCS.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
True, shall we rename it? Or just let it slide?

this thread is in the General Discussion area in a thread entitled " Guns And Stuff Related" .... hunting knives or knives in general could easily fall within the "Stuff Related" provision or a new thread could be created

Top Bottom