• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get what you're saying. The bill doesn't actually take the specified weapons.
Or >10 round magazines. It outlaws the future sale and/or possession of any new ones...
I believe that includes all >10 round pistol mags as well as >10 round rifle mags.

With the usual exceptions of security, retired LEO/Gov, police and military.

The specified guns and all >10 round mags that are in citizens' possession...
previous to, and at the moment of, the enactment of the bill...
Will be "grandfathered" and will be exempt.

All of the specified weapons and >10 round mags from the date of enactment...
Will be stamped with a code that includes the date of manufacture.

I'm sure you you can image how I feel about it, so I won't comment further than that.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. It looks like the bill may outlaw some new parts and accessories for the specified weapons too.
So when your's breaks or certain parts wear out, I guess it's find $$$ grandfathered parts or toss it.

Last edited:

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem is, I have a SW, 6904 I believe, that I use for work. The manufactured standard clip capacity is 13 rounds, one in the chamber. This is a double stacked mag, and is entirely within the grip. The "10 round magazine" limit cannot physically be accomplished. Even worse, in NY you can only load 6 rounds. The magazine is made to interchange with the Marlin camp 9 carbine. Modification to the magazine is not an option. In NJ, I have to unload and reload with solid points, then change back to hollow points entering NY. All a bunch of nonsense. Some of us require these for work, and we are never exempted from these ridiculous laws.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem is, I have a SW, 6904 I believe, that I use for work. The manufactured standard clip capacity is 13 rounds, one in the chamber. This is a double stacked mag, and is entirely within the grip. The "10 round magazine" limit cannot physically be accomplished. Even worse, in NY you can only load 6 rounds. The magazine is made to interchange with the Marlin camp 9 carbine. Modification to the magazine is not an option. In NJ, I have to unload and reload with solid points, then change back to hollow points entering NY. All a bunch of nonsense. Some of us require these for work, and we are never exempted from these ridiculous laws.
Sounds like you need to move to Texas.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Prohibition was enacted to prevent drunkenness from interfering with the war effort during WW1. It didn't work. A lot of people did not see anything wrong with having a drink and a lot of money could be made providing one. Legal bars and distilleries and breweries were closed but anyone who wanted liquor could get it and alcohol problems increased.
These gun laws are supposed to prevent gun crimes but legal guns are still available and there are millions of them in circulation. Millions of people think that they have a right to own a firearm. If prohibition did not keep people from getting alcohol how will these half measures keep guns "off the street"? I can't speak for every area of the country but when a gun criminal is caught around here one of the charges is almost always "felon in possession" or "possession of a firearm by a prohibited person". This means that the criminal is already ignoring a federal law which makes it illegal for him to possess even a single round of ammo, much less a firearm. Now Hog, if he violates one of these silly laws, would probably lose a lot. His job, and his freedom at the very least. The criminal is already going to ignore the laws regarding murder, robbery, rape etc.. Did the New York law makers really think that a criminal was going to only load 6 rounds into a 10 round magazine before he went out to break other laws. These laws are an attempt to prevent "mass shootings" I just saw a segment of the History Channel regarding the Custer battle in which a guy fired a model 1866 Winchester 13 times in 30 seconds. The technology that makes these shootings possible has been around for a long time. The effort needs to be focused on the shooter. Gun control is really only about control.

Top Bottom