• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Europe

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It gets even better; I went digging deep in their site and found they plan on coming out with an Air powered model.
And through the whole site it keeps saying "Urban Commuter" so it is an in-city vehicle only. And if you want a test ride you will have to go to Poland or Germany; nothing mentioned about US market.

tomasz

Reaction score
Hello all elio fans. Thanks, it seems that all of you don"t like SAM, but it is at least produced.

You can buy it and it have EPA approval. We will be in touch with all of you in the nearest future and maybe some of you will consider at least to take a test drive. It will be shortly possible to test drive it in California and in Florida.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello all elio fans. Thanks, it seems that all of you don"t like SAM, but it is at least produced.

You can buy it and it have EPA approval. We will be in touch with all of you in the nearest future and maybe some of you will consider at least to take a test drive. It will be shortly possible to test drive it in California and in Florida.

Not practical for my needs, but it might do pretty good around the Florida retirement communities!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Ok, Thank you and good bye

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Please do not be in touch with all of us. I can tell you right now I am not interested in that thing and the chances that I will change my mind are slim to none, and Slim is dead and buried.

ImOnabus

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand by my previous statement:

I do recognize that vehicles like the SAM make a lot of sense in dense European and Pacific Rim cities with extremely narrow streets, limited parking, >$6/gal fuel costs and usually nominal 220V supply available to power chargers.
Here, as when I ride a motorcycle, I would have worries of someone parking a SUV or pick-um-up on me.

If it doesn't work for you (or me) we don't have to buy one. I do think that the-friends-of-sam should be gentle about the "buy it because the Elio isn't in production yet" message, though. Also, they would be better served by pricing with the 60km battery pack and have the extended range pack and upgraded motor/electronics as value added options - it comes off as more honest. Who would buy it without a battery?

More of these vehicles that are around for comparison just make the Elio look better, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom