• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Europe

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is very interesting to see people who strongly belive in good ideas - even if they can be difficult to achive.

I don't think you understand the issues.
Poland is the size of our 5th largest state. New Mexico.
Has a population about that of California.
The vehicle you are trying to sell wouldn't get me into town to get groceries and back home.
The batteries are an option.
Your vehicle may offer some competition to Arcimoto, but not much.
It has limited range and limited speed.
It might be useful in a strictly urban setting, but there is no infrastructure for compressed air.
I think you would do well to study your target demographic.
Poland is 120,726 sq mi. the USA is 3,805,927 sq miles.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello all elio fans. Thanks, it seems that all of you don"t like SAM, but it is at least produced.

You can buy it and it have EPA approval. We will be in touch with all of you in the nearest future and maybe some of you will consider at least to take a test drive. It will be shortly possible to test drive it in California and in Florida.
I like the SAM concept, the fact that it's being produced, but not a huge fan of the styling. I hope it's a successful vehicle option for those that do. The more enclosed three wheeler options that come to market the better. I see no need in talking them down because of styling preference, drive train option, and or doesn't meet individual needs. Obviously, many don't and/or won't care for the Elio's odd but cool styling, it's individual preference.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think you understand the issues.
Poland is the size of our 5th largest state. New Mexico.
Has a population about that of California.
The vehicle you are trying to sell wouldn't get me into town to get groceries and back home.
The batteries are an option.
Your vehicle may offer some competition to Arcimoto, but not much.
It has limited range and limited speed.
It might be useful in a strictly urban setting, but there is no infrastructure for compressed air.
I think you would do well to study your target demographic.
Poland is 120,726 sq mi. the USA is 3,805,927 sq miles.
Those are your personal issues and the typical EV wouldn't meet your transportation needs even if you saw value in EV's as a viable alternative energy vehicle........which I sense you don't. I could be wrong. I live in a downtown urban setting and a vehicle like the SRK, i-Road (personal favorite even at a top speed for now of 40 mph, but fun to drive downtown), Solo, or SAM is functional as an urban commuter. The vehicle platform has a demographic it obviously isn't a fit for you, but may be for many others. Let the market dictate their success.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the SAM concept, the fact that it's being produced, but not a huge fan of the styling. I hope it's a successful vehicle option for those that do. The more enclosed three wheeler options that come to market the better. I see no need in talking them down because of styling preference, drive train option, and or doesn't meet individual needs. Obviously, many don't and/or won't care for the Elio's odd but cool styling, it's individual preference.
Yes Rick, I can agree, but if he was here on a neutral showing is one thing, one that blatantly puts the Elio down on a Pro Elio site isn't the best way to start out.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those are your personal issues and the typical EV wouldn't meet your transportation needs even if you saw value in EV's as a viable alternative energy vehicle........which I sense you don't. I could be wrong. I live in a downtown urban setting and a vehicle like the SRK, i-Road (personal favorite even at a top speed for now of 40 mph, but fun to drive downtown), Solo, or SAM is functional as an urban commuter. The vehicle platform has a demographic it obviously isn't a fit for you, but may be for many others. Let the market dictate their success.

RickB,
Obviously, I am not a big fan of BPVs. (Battery Powered Vehicles) But that is primarily a function of where I currently live as well as my current life style. If I lived in a more urban (or even suburban) setting (like when I lived about 12 miles from my office at Bell Labs) I could definitely see myself using something like an Arcimoto or a SAM to commute in.
On a design basis, while I think with a little paint the SAM could look like Hannibal Lecter, I actual like the door design. It kind of reminds me of the old Piper Cubs that I flew when I was younger, although those split up and down.
Since it doesn't fit me I gave it a cursory look and jotted down some thoughts. I don't think I was too negative. Just honest.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember the SAM was made by CREE.
sam_black_front34_light.jpg

I think it has an interesting design. It body seems to be made out of the same kind of plastic as coolers; IMO.
rack_side_light.jpg

I have checking it out for a few years and it seems not much came of it. Perhaps they are those who are trying to get it made?
ritzel_light.jpg

Cree at Three Wheelers. Cree Sam at Wikipedia. Sam Cree at Wikipedia.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
RickB,
Obviously, I am not a big fan of BPVs. (Battery Powered Vehicles) But that is primarily a function of where I currently live as well as my current life style. If I lived in a more urban (or even suburban) setting (like when I lived about 12 miles from my office at Bell Labs) I could definitely see myself using something like an Arcimoto or a SAM to commute in.
On a design basis, while I think with a little paint the SAM could look like Hannibal Lecter, I actual like the door design. It kind of reminds me of the old Piper Cubs that I flew when I was younger, although those split up and down.
Since it doesn't fit me I gave it a cursory look and jotted down some thoughts. I don't think I was too negative. Just honest.
WilliamH, I appreciate and respect your thought process. It's what I like about the Elio owners. The sales numbers will be the tell all on how well received the new concepts are after production.........fun and frustrating at the same time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom