• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hobbies Of Elio Owners

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 2577

It was my 69 custom car I converted to drag. No longer have it.
3300 lb, 522 Reher Morrison 850 HP engine, tube frame and lots more $$$$$ invested.
A really fun ride when in custom and drag setup.
Photo in front of my old shop.
Wow, got me beat, I'm only pushing about 460Hp trying to get into the 11's. That being said we only paid $1800 for it, but it seems everyone is faster at the track... maybe NOS is the answer..
DSCN4175.JPG
DSCN4170.JPG

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you have a sleeper. I bet you fool a lot at the red light.
The exhaust note gives it away (especially after 5K RPM), but I usually give them "shock and awe" light to light. The street tires I have on it are almost useless for hooking up. But it sure is plucky 0-60. Funny thing is, with the 3.73 rear, my wife's minivan could top it out on the highway.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, got me beat, I'm only pushing about 460Hp trying to get into the 11's. That being said we only paid $1800 for it, but it seems everyone is faster at the track... maybe NOS is the answer..
View attachment 2579 View attachment 2580
I always like those vehicles that are wolves in sheep's clothing. Especially when there are turkies out to make a name for themselves and have the misfortune to choose a vehicle like yours to begin with! It makes me smile.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always like those vehicles that are wolves in sheep's clothing. Especially when there are turkies out to make a name for themselves and have the misfortune to choose a vehicle like yours to begin with! It makes me smile.
Yea it's not your typical muscle car, you don't expect an old Blazer to be fast. I have had people sit in it running and said it doesn't sound that fast, I then tell them to step on the gas and tach it up to 6 grand, the next thing out of their mouth is "HOLY SH*T", that's happened with 3 people so far. They also think I am doing wheelies when I take them for a "ride", on street tires that aint gonna happen (only with slicks).

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
My lastest hobby here in Arizona, is cowboy fast draw shooting. We meet in Tucson
twice a month and dress in period garb. Competition includes shooting wax bullets using a 209 primer in .45 caliber. You shoot against all members of the club until you are eliminated. Great group,includes men, women and children. I can't wait to drive in with my Elio. Modern version of the cowboy and his horse. Hope everyone enjoys their Elio. The owners groups sounds like a great idea for organized rides and get togethers.
You are the second person I've heard of with this hobby, sounds like fun! Are your guns single or double action revolvers or is it a mix? Enjoy! There will be plenty of room in the back seat for your rig!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You could say motorcycles are my hobby. That may be a reason the ELIO caught my eye right away. I often reefer to them as my only vice. I ride lot and in weather most would not. The ELIO will not fit in the bike room but it may get some of the same TLC as the bikes. Missing around with them is what you do when you can't ride

bikeroom18.jpg

100_1308_zps127df0b7.jpg

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You could say motorcycles are my hobby. That may be a reason the ELIO caught my eye right away. I often reefer to them as my only vice. I ride lot and in weather most would not. The ELIO will not fit in the bike room but it may get some of the same TLC as the bikes. Missing around with them is what you do when you can't ride

bikeroom18.jpg

100_1308_zps127df0b7.jpg
NICE!!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi future Elio Owners...

Just wanted to know what hobbies future Elio owners have across the nation...

Mine is raising fish, Rainbow Trout in fact, because the books say you can't do it in a urban city... I have had them for over 3 years and they are still going strong... taste good too...

Just because they say it " Can't be done "... does not make it true!!

Kind of like starting a new Autocycle company from the bottom up...

I have about 50+ which are anywhere from 3-8 lbs. some of the big one's are about 28" long...8-? lbs...

I also do Aquaponics, which is growing food using fish waste water to grow plants.. View attachment 2060

This whole system cleans the water for the fish and feeds the plants at the same time...

RC Drone for taking pictures and videos of my Elio meets is my next new hobby...

So what are YOUR hobbies...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225
I just got my first potato from my container garden. I don't think it is going to fill me up. It is only 1 inch in diameter. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom