• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Honda "civic", Nissan "altima", Elio "...?"

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
3837ee3f2b87fb233ae46d53541e80da6b969144_m.jpg

Wow, someone who actually remembers that. That is it!

EM has actually done market research on model names and they have selected '&". The first I heard about this was Paul Elio mentioned it during the first town hall way back in the spring. It has occasionally been discussed on here but it gets lost with everything else going on. This has not really been a secret but also has not been discussed much either and while it is always possible for them to change their mind they were serious about it.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What cool model names will Elio have? Surely it can't be the "P6"!

Or could it...?

And Paul Elio created the company Elio Motors but I'm waiting for the announcement: "Elio Motors is now [new name]". Like Ford/Lincoln or Toyota/Scion.
Wait... There isn't a Ford/Lincoln.... or a Toyota Scion... Ford owns Lincoln and Toyota owns Scion... Elio Motors will stay Elio Motors. The name of the vehicle we are reserving is supposed to have a different name. Maybe we'll be driving an Elio Motors Triceretop.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My impression is the Elio is all that is needed now, and as you say for quite a while. When they decide to branch out with other models then they can choose to name them. There have been lots of names bandied about but I have always considered it simply the Elio and suspect I always will. I like the name. It is one more way to simply be different from the norm. I am all for that. Of course I could be wrong and a name will be added down the road but I suspect it will be done because of outside pressure not because Paul Elio feels the need. Again, simply a guess. :) Z
Even Ford had the Model T.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, someone who actually remembers that. That is it!

EM has actually done market research on model names and they have selected '&". The first I heard about this was Paul Elio mentioned it during the first town hall way back in the spring. It has occasionally been discussed on here but it gets lost with everything else going on. This has not really been a secret but also has not been discussed much either and while it is always possible for them to change their mind they were serious about it.
So, it'll be the Elio Ambersand?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That symbol looks like an E gone wild! It's interesting, but I suspect it will draw the same what the hell criticism as the Elgin Dash. What do you drive? With hestiation in my voice.........I drive an & and what do you drive........the response......oh, I drive an & too, but I have two.

The future models ? ..........the Elio etc. or the high performance model ! .

Kegger

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Calling it the & reminds me of the way Kia Calls it's various Souls the following:
  • base
  • +
  • !
It's very awkward to talk about them because in conversation we resort to:
  • Base (meh, no biggy)
  • Plus (not so bad)
  • Exclaim (because saying exclamation over and over is just too much)

Top Bottom