• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hood Ornament For Elio

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hood ornament!

What would make a good hood ornament for the Elio? Remember the hood ornaments from the 1930's?

What would make a good ornament today.

There are two styles of "décor":
1) Delightfully gaudy
2) Tastefully boring

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
header.jpg

with a stylized E instead of B

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't want to screw up the hard earned aerodynamics but putting some drag-inducing badge on the car. Decal, maybe. Wish Silas Sunday were on this board; he'd come up with something much jazzier than the current badge Elio uses. (see steering wheel). http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-new-dash.6276/

a good while ago it was announced that EM would be relocating the P4 windshield wiper to help reduce drag and promote gas mileage .... that told me that they are serious about aerodynamics .... pictures released of the P5 appears to indicate that has been done .... for me 84 mpg would be great but isn't my main concern .... as but one example, I plan to run the P3 front fenders .... if someone comes up with some sort of aftermarket badge I like, I'd probably take a serious look at getting one .... that said, I don't plan to go looking for anything of that sort

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
a good while ago it was announced that EM would be relocating the P4 windshield wiper to help reduce drag and promote gas mileage .... that told me that they are serious about aerodynamics .... pictures released of the P5 appears to indicate that has been done .... for me 84 mpg would be great but isn't my main concern .... as but one example, I plan to run the P3 front fenders .... if someone comes up with some sort of aftermarket badge I like, I'd probably take a serious look at getting one .... that said, I don't plan to go looking for anything of that sort

P3 fenders here too, from there on pretty vanilla. Literally, Marshmallow, 5-speed, etc........:)
........oh......almost forgot...... some really cool retro mag wheels. :D

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to screw up the hard earned aerodynamics but putting some drag-inducing badge on the car. Decal, maybe. Wish Silas Sunday were on this board; he'd come up with something much jazzier than the current badge Elio uses. (see steering wheel). http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-new-dash.6276/

I dont mind the logo seems only two will be on the car steering wheel and front nose. Elio doesn't have a icon (chevy bow tie) and or mascot(Ferrari prancing horse) of some sort not much to have on the car. I will put Ferrari fender shields on mine as a joke

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Every car I've owned for the last 40 years I've de-emblemed (removed all of the emblems)
I'll leave things that are built in (like the bowtie on a Chevy grill) but everything on the sides and back I pull off.
I think it makes a car look "cleaner"
I do have a box full of emblems; I may strip them off, but I don't throw them away.
I also pull off dealer license frames as soon as I can; one car I bought, the license frame never left the lot. Salesman asked me why once, I told him "if you want to pay me for advertising, I'll leave it on".

Top Bottom