• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hood Ornament For Elio

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But the Crosley was a cheap, tiny car -- kind of like the Elio that way. We had ours for years, toured the east coast fromLong Island to Florida, then NYC to Chicago (no interstates at all then), and then lugged it up and down the Berkshire hills of CT for another 3 years. Franklin is fancier,but the Crosley did the job.

I ONLY MEANT TO SAY THAT THEY BEAT THEM WITH THE PROPELLER UP FRONT .

THAT BEING SAID , THE FRANKLIN MAY HAVE BEEN FROM AN EARLIER ERA ,
BUT IT WAS NOT AN OVERPRICED CAR AND HAD SOME UNIQUE ENGINEERING
WITH ALL MODELS BEING AIR COOLED .

FRANKLIN BUILT 150,000 CARS FROM 1904 TO 1934 .

Reactions: Ekh

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In another thread, long, long ago, somebody posted a picture of a Licorice Elio next to a pic of Toothless, the dragon from "How to Train Your Dragon" - I've wanted him on my hood ever since:
latest?cb=20150520124734
That was me. Originally I saw the Elio picture (below) as an avatar and it struck me as almost identical to the Night Fury I saw in the movie with my kids.

I was thinking of a slight yellow tint on the headlights (as the eyes). Then some fake wings for show... then it will become Toothless, The Night Fury! It would be ready for the car show! Ha, ha! Then who needs a hood ornament... you are the dragon!:cool:
229.jpg
how_to_train_your_dragon03.jpg

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was me. Originally I saw the Elio picture (below) as an avatar and it struck me as almost identical to the Night Fury is saw in the movie with my kids.

I was thinking of a slight yellow tint on the headlights (as the eyes). Then some fake wings for show... then it will become Toothless, The Night Fury! It would be ready for the car show! Ha, ha! Then who needs a hood ornament... you are the dragon!:cool:
229.jpg
Very Creative. Maybe it would make a good vehicle wrap -- Send it off to Silas Sunday -- he takes requests! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elio-Motors-Design-Concepts/484050635028288

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was me. Originally I saw the Elio picture (below) as an avatar and it struck me as almost identical to the Night Fury is saw in the movie with my kids.

OK , JUST DON'T OVER DO IT LIKE THIS GUY DID WITH HIS BATMOBILE MESSERSCHMITT .

View attachment 6508View attachment 6509
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe5Z0V2O4YrQqXNz7c3aQFCR2raA4vfBhwhCX2MviZjVnDn9YF.jpg
Agreed! If this was ever to be it would be a temporary setup and for the kids WOW factor at a parade and such.

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was me. Originally I saw the Elio picture (below) as an avatar and it struck me as almost identical to the Night Fury I saw in the movie with my kids.

229.jpg
I was diggin' it as soon as you posted it!

Top Bottom