• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hope We Never See The Elio Here......

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A few women have told me my smart is a chick magnet. Plus I like the idea of people laughing at me when I spent a fraction of what they spent to get far worse gas mileage. A Prius gets slightly better mileage, but costs double. A Hummer costs 4 times more and gets 1/4 the mpg.

Jack Burke

Reaction score
A few women have told me my smart is a chick magnet. Plus I like the idea of people laughing at me when I spent a fraction of what they spent to get far worse gas mileage. A Prius gets slightly better mileage, but costs double. A Hummer costs 4 times more and gets 1/4 the mpg.
The cost of the ELIO is projected to cost less than $7k. Check your math of the price of a Prius. How about ELIO being 1/3 the cost of a Prius and in some cases 1/4 the cost. PLUS the difference in MPG - ELIO vs Hummer, your #'s are off again. More like ELIO getting 6 - 7 times better MPG, than a Hummer.

elio_guru

Reaction score
What is really embarrassing, is seeing an individual in a gas hog spending 20-30 bucks on gas driving to the grocery store with a coupon to get a 50 cent loaf of bread.
The Elio is a great achievement, the design is very innovating, using the latest in science techniques. Very well designed, using strong durable lightweight composites. Aero-Space, and Race Car technologies are proven.
It is good to stand up for your rights, and be able to obtain a high MPG vehicle, and avoid the high gas guzzlers. Personally, I think it has been a big scam dumping all the gas guzzlers on the market in the USA. Some people cannot afford to eat, costing over $100.00 to fill up the huge SUV's, and Trucks. Sure people need trucks, for farm, construction, etc, although the ones using these gas hogs to get a loaf of bread does not make sense. They feel as though using coupons at the store justifies the 30 bucks spent on the gas.

stevecaz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What is really embarrassing, is seeing an individual in a gas hog spending 20-30 bucks on gas driving to the grocery store with a coupon to get a 50 cent loaf of bread.
The Elio is a great achievement, the design is very innovating, using the latest in science techniques. Very well designed, using strong durable lightweight composites. Aero-Space, and Race Car technologies are proven.
It is good to stand up for your rights, and be able to obtain a high MPG vehicle, and avoid the high gas guzzlers. Personally, I think it has been a big scam dumping all the gas guzzlers on the market in the USA. Some people cannot afford to eat, costing over $100.00 to fill up the huge SUV's, and Trucks. Sure people need trucks, for farm, construction, etc, although the ones using these gas hogs to get a loaf of bread does not make sense. They feel as though using coupons at the store justifies the 30 bucks spent on the gas.
Well said elio_guru!

ls10

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What I said was: I hope we never see the Elio here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 #2517

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It's personal choice, people can do what they want with their money....People here have talked about getting their Elio wrapped for $2500.00. Another member here couldn't understand putting expensive wheels on it, or a bike rack, push bar, etc.. who cares it's their money just like it's the suv's owner spending money on gas. It's their money, it's their choice.....I only care about what Elio promised, and sticking to it. Fender change? I don't care. Changing lights? I don't care. Raising price? I care. Not meeting mpg goal? I care.

Top Bottom