• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Far Is Your Trip?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh my, Sigh!!! 1767.3 miles. That is a whole lot of sitting and driving. At today's prices that would $78 of gas plus food and lodging for 6 days. Plus getting there by Amtrak at today's prices if I remember correctly about $250 plus food for 70 hours without any delays. Picking my Elio up in Portland, OR is beginning to sound a lot smarter. LOL :-) Z

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh my, Sigh!!! 1767.3 miles. That is a whole lot of sitting and driving. At today's prices that would $78 of gas plus food and lodging for 6 days. Plus getting there by Amtrak at today's prices if I remember correctly about $250 plus food for 70 hours without any delays. Picking my Elio up in Portland, OR is beginning to sound a lot smarter. LOL :) Z
Adventure! Adventurous road trip!! Do you really want to make a one day "it's all green" trip up the Willamette Valley?? And, after 1767 miles you'll have a really good feel for how the C-A-CC-TH Elio handles. (Smiley face!)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh my, Sigh!!! 1767.3 miles. That is a whole lot of sitting and driving. At today's prices that would $78 of gas plus food and lodging for 6 days. Plus getting there by Amtrak at today's prices if I remember correctly about $250 plus food for 70 hours without any delays. Picking my Elio up in Portland, OR is beginning to sound a lot smarter. LOL :) Z

From now till then, get a map and plan a small road trip of two or three days starting in Portland and ending at your house.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear you Z you're 100 miles further than me, like it matters lol.. No way I will drive that far to pick ANY car! I spend way more time driving than I want to already!

Ray

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear you Z you're 100 miles further than me, like it matters lol.. No way I will drive that far to pick ANY car! I spend way more time driving than I want to already!

Ray
Actually, for me, driving is not the issue. I love to drive. The expense is an issue but I am already looking for alternatives such as staying at Youth Hostels wherever they are available. Unfortunately there is a lot of the USA that does not have Youth Hostels. I will also need to find YMCAs with pools where I can swim 2-3 times/week. Knowing me, the trip will take more than 6 days because I will see some side road that looks interesting and off I go. The factory is not the only thing I want to see. It is a good thing I have at least a year to think about this. I am sure I will need it. LOL :-) Z

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, for me, driving is not the issue. I love to drive. The expense is an issue but I am already looking for alternatives such as staying at Youth Hostels wherever they are available. Unfortunately there is a lot of the USA that does not have Youth Hostels. I will also need to find YMCAs with pools where I can swim 2-3 times/week. Knowing me, the trip will take more than 6 days because I will see some side road that looks interesting and off I go. The factory is not the only thing I want to see. It is a good thing I have at least a year to think about this. I am sure I will need it. LOL :) Z
Z my wife had both her knees replaced maybe you need this too?

Top Bottom